LegacyGT.com

Finally the bump/rebound rates on the Spec B shocks

nicd

[quote name='OB Lee'] In the meantime, I have been periodically looking for a used set of front struts from an Outback or Legacy GT that I can study and cut open to make a prototype set from. If anyone has some used front struts they will part with, let me know. [/quote] If I lived in the Cincy area I would let you use my car! Can someone out there hook this man up?
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='praedet']PM PatagonianGT and see if he has his still!!!!! [/QUOTE] I have an extra set of LGT wagon suspension. It's currently in Denver....if someone wants to cover the shipping, I'll donate them for science. :icon_bigg

[quote name='Patagonian GT']I have an extra set of LGT wagon suspension. It's currently in Denver....if someone wants to cover the shipping, I'll donate them for science. :icon_bigg[/quote] I'll cover shipping if that is cool with you. I greatly appeciate the opportunity. Let me check with out shipping dept. and see if a call tag or something will work. If need be, I'll pay out of my own pocket. send me an email if you would at [EMAIL="lee@koni-na.com"]lee@koni-na.com[/EMAIL] on how to best contact you. I should know in a pretty short time what some of our initial opportunities will work. It would be sweet if WRX or similar inserts would fit but I doubt we get that lucky. We'll see and I apprecaite your willingness to help. I sent and email to the Australian and Japanese Koni distributors today to see what their interest level might be. That would give this project a real boost. I may not be in the office the next day or so but will get with you ASAP.

Potential Koni's - Great news! And thanks team for pulling together to work the issues. [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]SBT[/SIZE]
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

not so good news....got an email back from the member who had my set. He 'gave them away'.....umm.... :mad: Last I discussed it, I asked him to hold onto them as there was no reason to ship them to me and waste $$$.

Lee, nice surprise to see you on this board. You can add me to your business case: If Koni comes out with a set of SA or FSD shocks, I will buy a set. I already have Konis on my wife's Jetta (originally on my GTI VR6), and on my autocross Miata. My GT wagon already has Ion springs, but it needs shocks to really come alive. [SIZE=2]Thanks![/SIZE] [SIZE=2]-Paul[/SIZE]

If no one else is willing, and the offer for shipping stands, I'll donate my stockers - they wd be available to ship around the last week of March (also need to retrieve them from storage).
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Could we get a Subie dealer parts department to partisipate and we all pass the hat for $ donations... in order to buy the needed components. Let's get this shock enhancement in action. I'd be willing to donate my 05 OB XT for a period of time, say a month or so for the cause. Seriously. Let's make this no brainer shock issue happen! Cheers, MS

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

I'm sorry to have been out of touch for a few days due to a family medical situation so I am just getting caught up. I have received authorization that we can take care of any freight ciosts to get any donated used parts (but unfortunately not the authorization and budget to go to the local dealer and buy new ones). I have had contact with both the Australian and Japanese distributors and they both have interest in access to parts for these vehicles but like us they really don't have a specific "I need and can sell XXX car sets" feel for this market that really has popped the Legacy and related cars onto the performance horizon. It is still a fringe car when compared to the other projects that Koni is working on (new Mustang, new Civic, new Miata, etc) so that is why I am hoping to find a way to get the ball rolling as a side project without all the corporate justifications begin with and see how far we can get while sharing info internationally and try to make it happen. I have also already discussed it with the primary product manager in KONI's world HQ in Holland so he knows it is on the horizon. The difficulty is that in the modern business world to make these developments and investments, we need to have a serious forecast for realistic sales for the next minimum three years before it gets any real credibiltiy and consideration. Until that point, it is simply a "want to have". So thanks much for the support and enthusiasm, it helps justify that we are not totally shooting in the dark. Between my wife's OB and Rem870's GT, I think we are set locally for test cars but I need to get sample dampers in here in advance to get the dimensional info and build the prototypes from to start the testing. In the future we will probably want to check out a Forester to see if there are shared efficiencies with these Legacy cars. So first steps first, if someone has a set of Outback, Legacy or Forester stock struts and shocks (springs even), please contact me at [EMAIL="lee@koni-na.com"]lee@koni-na.com[/EMAIL] or 859-586-4100 ext 316 and I will arrange to pay the freight to us. I do appreciate people wondering about chipping in but not only is that not necessary, I still can't guarantee that this will bear fruit yet so if we can just get used parts donated then we are better off to keep everyone's investment down. Thanks again.

[quote name='OB Lee'] I am hoping to find a way to get the ball rolling as a side project without all the corporate justifications begin with and see how far we can get while sharing info internationally and try to make it happen. In the future we will probably want to check out a Forester to see if there are shared efficiencies with these Legacy cars. So first steps first, if someone has a set of Outback, Legacy or Forester stock struts and shocks (springs even),[/quote] Hi Lee, Great to hear that the ball is starting to think about rolling! I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Forester chassis is related to the Impreza, not the Legacy. Basically a taller, boxy body on the Impreza chassis. The struts are probably similar, but longer. If Koni has an Impreza or WRX app, I imagine it would be simple to adapt it to the Impreza Outback Sport or the Forester. Thanks for keeping us up to date! -Paul

[quote name='emosound']Hi Lee, Great to hear that the ball is starting to think about rolling! I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Forester chassis is related to the Impreza, not the Legacy. Basically a taller, boxy body on the Impreza chassis. The struts are probably similar, but longer. If Koni has an Impreza or WRX app, I imagine it would be simple to adapt it to the Impreza Outback Sport or the Forester. Thanks for keeping us up to date! -Paul[/quote] Good point about the chassis. I know some people have swapped STi suspensions into their Foresters, which lowers the Forester around 2" I believe. Where this project could bear fruit for Koni is that in 2008, the Impreza/WRX is being redesigned into a modified Legacy chassis. This means that there is a possiblity that the Impreza/WRX will share the same or similar suspension components with this gen Legacy in the near future. If Koni could meet the aftermarket demand for that car close to the time it comes out, I'm sure there will be a ton of money to be made. I'd be willing to let you test my stock Leg GT suspension, but would want it (or a set of Konis ;) ) back intact in case I reverted back to stock.

Yeah, Impreza struts are compatible with the Forester. I know a couple of peopel that have used STi takeoffs or Impreza coilovers on their foresters. Not sure if anyone has tried Koni inserts on a Forester though. I'd be interested in some Konis for the Legacy. Preferably SAs.

Definitely interested FWIW at this point. The first company to bring a street oriented performance strut to market will be selling them... I'm overjoyed to hear there's some interest at last! :D

Oh. I know you from Honda-tech. Great to have you here. You're awesome! My suspension will be stock until you guys come out with dampers for it. [quote name='OB Lee']Actually, I have already been here for nearly a year under OB Lee and not the CRX Lee that many know me by.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2]I still need some stock Legacy GT and/or OB front struts and rear shocks to get measurements from. I would like to keep the frotns if possible but I can return them if that is the only option.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I will arrange for free freight from you if you are willing to either give or loan your stock dampers to us. Please let me know if you have or know of some for data gathering.[/SIZE]

Lee - my stockers are sitting in my garage. I'd be happy to loan them - how long do you need them?? I had hoped to get my second set back to donate, but that won't happen now.

I'll need them for at least a few weeks to get data from. Since it isn't an officla R&D project, I will have to work around our engineering dept.'s timeframe. Step 1 is to get the data then some drawings made to compare all dimensions with the various international countires. I got an email from Australia today asking if we had any headway yet. Pelase contact me at Koni at [EMAIL="lee@koni-na.com"]lee@koni-na.com[/EMAIL] or 859-586-4100 ext 316 and we can discuss getting them from you for a bit.

Archived