LegacyGT.com

Starting my first turbo swap!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you talking about the pit at the top of the piston in the second picture?

In post #46

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yeah a little bit. luckily it didnt hurt the head much. they were able to get most of it pretty well smoothed out. and yeah its not fun at all :(

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

Ah. That doesn't look like fun.

It's not like I haven't seen that before.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCF0778.jpg

Those are Wiseco's with 36 passes down the 1/4 mile, 586whp out of 1.6L

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

nice! B16? what did it run?

Nope, did it the hard way. D16Z6 not a B series. It was the on-official fastest single cam for a short time.

The car went 9.85 at Lebanon Valley NY. It's final two passes were at Etown Oct 07. My son lifted on his first pass and ran a 9.91, later that day it sounded funny in the top end of 3rd gear, he coasted to a 10.06.

When I picked him up at the end of the track, he said, that's it, Not running it again, we can sell the set up now with very little damage and get some money out of it. If we run it tomorrow it will be worthless. Next morning we sold the engine and tranny for $11,500.

The guy who bought it put new pistons in it, took it to T1 Racingdeveploment and made 735whp on Meth with a little bigger turbo.

:eek: holy crap! 586 out of a sohc? that is nuts. that was my next guess. but it just didnt sound right. lol

lol. yep. wouldnt do anything less. its got a new oem heat treated crank as well :)

• 2 weeks later...
so just a little update. im throwing in autometer cobalt series wideband, boost, and oil pressure gauges. still waiting on my cams to get back from ultradyne to get the heads all done and everything put back together. im about 8k into it so far and im ancy as hell to drive this thing again!

hell yeah! the bottom end is all done and the car is sitting at forced engineering in plainwell if you wanna check it out. im planning on going up there to their dyno day to hangout on saturday.

Umm wow that's some major det going down there. Sorry to see that man.

You'll want to watch your tune/learning view this next go around man. You got a lot of money invested. Even if you have the forged internals, the bearings will take the abuse if you still knock and detonate. Just keep and eye on it.

well unfortunately i dont think im going to be using an accessport anymore and probably going opensource. so im not really going to be able to check all of that until i get a cable to hook up :(

alright. so i talked to ultradyne who is regrinding my cams and they are scheduled to be finished up and shipped by the end of the week! apparently the designed them and then had to redesign them again. so the new eta is next weekend for completion :)

So the cams FINALLY came in today after nearly 2 months! so now im just waiting on it to be put together and the gauges installed and she will be up and running again! theres a show and a meet im hoping to go to this weekend if it gets done in time :)

in south haven this saturday. its not big, maybe 100 cars, mostly old school, but i think itd still be cool ;)

Archived