LegacyGT.com

Starting my first turbo swap!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay so the motor is in the car, but we ran into a problem (go figure) :/ and we cant get the accessport to connect to unmarry it due to it still be on the e85 tune and im going opensource and the screen on the accessport keeps flickering. i believe its got the error hc popping up on the cluster also. there going to look more into it tomorrow, ive heard grounds, fuses, test connectors, and the main engine harness connector and they put in a different battery also. is there anything else that it could possibly be?

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

• 2 weeks later...
so it turned out the ecu got bricked when i tried to unmarry the ap from the ecu with the engine out and a low battery. so we sent it into cobb and they fixed it and now the car is running and they are finishing up with tuning today. so after 2 and a half months, i finally get my baby back. will update with new pics and dyno sheets and video as soon as everything is all finished up! :)

my ecu bricked AGAIN!!! they got it back the first time and put it in and everything worked fine. they started it up, ran smooth, no worries. started draining the old e85 out while running it. turned it off to get the gas from the other side of the tank, tried starting it again. and ER HC is back :( they called cobb and said wtf? and there response is that it shouldnt have happened in the first place that it doesnt make sense how it did it then and especially now. apparently cobb had to "go thru the back door". not quite sure what that means.. but yeah. so its getting sent in again to get checked out and fixed. needless to say that after 2 and a half months, im getting really irritated and just want to drive my car again ;(

• 2 weeks later...
alright. so after 3 long months i finally got the car back! she runs nice and smooth, still have a little bit of tuning and bugs to work out, but overall runs good. main problem is that were having a hard time adding boost. i bought a set of sti injectors im going to use temporairily so i can send my dw 850s in and have cleaned and tested as i bought them used. we were thinking that it may have something to do with it. the only other thing my tuner was questioning is the grimspeed ebcs. however i bought that brand new and didnt have any problems with my last tune. so were going to try some clean injectors and go from there. but so far when i got there we were at 10 lbs making about 250 and got it to 13 lbs making almost 300. were planning on going to about 20 lbs when were all done with a goal of about 375.

and the difference the port work and reground cams made was insane. my tuner was even surprised. normally the torque dips at a higher rpm, however it kept on rising with the hp with no sign of wanting to stop! :)

• 4 weeks later...
alrighty.. so everything is finally all squared away. i ended up getting an exhaust leak in the flex section of my megan one piece. ( I will never reccomend- tore it up to get it out and the flex part has 2 layers of paper thin metal that makes it up with the mesh around it.. very cheap) so i bought an ebay el header and up pipe and the design was terrible and had to do some welding to get it from not leaking. then we still couldnt raise boost, so we put in a manual boost controller and walah. soits a no go on the grimmspeed ebcs also. idk if its the engine heat or what, but changed that out and no problems. had the injectors cleaned just to be sure. cranked it up to 25 lbs and shes running smooth. pulls very hard. we made 350 whp and wtq on the mustang dyno on pump gas. had a couple vaccum lines pop off... ZIP TIE ALL OF YOUR VACCUM LINES!!!! lol but all in all im happy. shes all broken in and running great. unfortunately with it being my dd, i wont be taking her to the track until i get another vehicle :( thanks for the support and help from everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow man, looking at doing a few mods to my LGT and after reading your trials and tribulations I am second guessing my plan :)

Glad your car is back to working order. Last time I was out in South Haven the lake was frozen over and beach covered in ice balls. Really hoping next time work takes me out there I get to enjoy some of the nicer weather!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived