LegacyGT.com

Learning View Help...

monkonmonk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am logging via the Openport 2.0 dongle as I don't have another option right now.

Is there any way to increase its frequency? I thought if the IAM does not go to one then that would indicate that something is wrong. I have been driving and driving with all these resets and such, I thought as soon as I could get it to move off of .7500 I was good to go.

You can try changing the logging protocol to CANbus, but your ROM will have had to have been patched for this in order for it to work. No patch, no log.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

You can try changing the logging protocol to CANbus, but your ROM will have had to have been patched for this in order for it to work. No patch, no log.

Is there any way to know if that is something that Infamous did for my tune. My car being an '08 should be CANbus, no?

Your car is CANbus but the ROM has to be patched to output log data at that speed. I do this for all customer cars without question, and I imagine Shamar does too. Just make a new logcfg.txt file or edit the one I made you and try. If you're not patched it just won't log. The sky will not fall down. ;)
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Your car is CANbus but the ROM has to be patched to output log data at that speed. I do this for all customer cars without question, and I imagine Shamar does too. Just make a new logcfg.txt file or edit the one I made you and try. If you're not patched it just won't log. The sky will not fall down. ;)

Haha, when this process first started you guys had me thinking that the sky would fall down. I took another LV late last night and it does not look good to me. Still detecting knock in the higher rpm ranges, right?

I have attached it.

This would indicate there is still a leak somewhere. I was reading and noticed people said something about a leak at the turbo inlet piping? Are they meaning the hose that bolts to the turbo directly? I obviously can't see that, but could remove and inspect this evening. The boost leak thing has not been working because I feel like I am holding good pressure.

Thanks. I will try to get a better log tonight with the laptop that I just got as it should have a better sampling rate.

2009692384_LearningView_SS_3-25-2013102526PM.jpg.407a751c28ca2000cad7487fef1f78bc.jpg

Actual real log from RR. I hope this provides better detail for you guys.

Again, any help would be appreciated. I am thinking tonight I am going to investigate the turbo inlet for cracks/leakage. Otherwise, I am not sure how to check or confirm function of the BPV.

Thanks. Real Log attached.

romraiderlog_20130326_182513.csv

The log looks good. The knock sum did not increase, and the car was close to hitting target boost. Keep driving and get the IAM up to 1.0.

I will keep driving and doing some logging. I seem to be getting knock to increase at idle and at low level driving (no boost). The WOT stuff agreed shows nothing crazy.

I saw my knock sum increase idling in the Starbucks line this morning....:eek:

Knock sum increasing by itself is normal. It happens. On an hour long highway drive I've seen my KS go up 20-30. That's why logging FBKC and FLKC and Ignition Total Timingare important.

Please log these items instead of what you have and be sure you actually pick those items.

A/F Learning #1 (2-byte)** (%)

A/F Sensor #1 (2-byte)** (estimated AFR)

Boost Error* (psi)Engine Load (4-Byte)* (g/rev)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Feedback Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Gear (Calculated)* (position)

IAM (1-byte)** (multiplier)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Intake Air Temperature (F)

Knock Sum* (count)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)* (psi relative)

Mass Airflow (g/s)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Target Boost (4-byte)* (psi relative sea level)

Throttle Opening Angle (%)

Turbo Dynamics Integral (4-byte)* (absolute %)

Turbo Dynamics Proportional (4-byte)* (absolute %)

I know that's a lot of stuff, but it should give a relatively complete picture of what's going on. Reset your ECU prior to doing this and then begin logging immediately. Don't bother going WOT. Log your entire drive. I want to see what's preventing you from getting IAM 1.

Here is my commute in to work. It is only about 4 miles and from the looks of the LV that is not enough to change from the 0.7500 IAM reset value.

Here is the log of my commute, garage to parking spot.

Thanks for looking through all this, I really need to sit down with someone and have all this explained to me.

So, i took the log, but it is too large, not sure how else to get it to you, email?

Let me know, it is a little over 1MB.

I divided up the logs to get them attached. They are numbered 1-6 I think I kept them in the right order.

1215280059_LearningView_SS_3-28-201370246AM.jpg.770df67d1a3e7a5d0adff3a81e4b4214.jpg

romraiderlog_20130328_074241_1.csv

romraiderlog_20130328_074241_2.csv

romraiderlog_20130328_074241_3.csv

romraiderlog_20130328_074241_4.csv

romraiderlog_20130328_074241_5.csv

romraiderlog_20130328_074241_6.csv

At work, can't look at it in depth right now. Thanks for breaking it up. Yeah, file attachments have a size limit, I forgot about that... you can PM me for an email address and I can upload it somewhere and post it for you in the future.

Good news is I don't see any FBKC or FLKC at all so no timing is being pulled.... bad news is your KS keeps climbing, a lot, which is preventing your IAM from going back up.

Would strongly suggest you check for anything loose in your engine compartment. Wires, plugs, heat shields, etc. that might be triggering the knock sensor, secure it, and see if that helps.

So, I took a look under the hood today and the harness for the knock sensor was just rattling around down there, not mounted to anything. So, I zip tied it up outta the way and off the block.

What is strange is that when all this started happening and I first when searching for the "leak" that was eventually found on the TMIC I noticed a rubber band that had seen better days laying on top of the block right at the knock sensor. I wonder if the factory had secured the harness with a rubber band and now it has degraded to a point where it broke apart and started the issue altogether? I understand I did find a leak and such, but hard to believe them happening together was just coincidence.

I am going to continue logging for a few more weeks to make sure all is well. What values can I watch on my own so I can quit bothering you guys with all my logs and super specific questions?

Thanks again, I hope all is well and things are back moving in the right direction!!!

Jason

Watch the IAM and see if it rises back to 1. Pay attention the Knock Sum and places where you see Knock Sum increase, see if FBKC and FLKC also go up. Those are "real" knock values, so to speak...

Don't romp on the throttle until you get IAM back to 1.

So, I reset the ECU yesterday to clear everything and focus driving out of boost as much as possible. I believe my car in the last 24hrs has seen at a max, 3psi maybe 4psi. I decided to get some driving time since that seemed to be the consent from most people was the lack of driving time. So, we were off to visit my parents for the holiday weekend. 3 hours in the car cruising on the highway.

I took some cruising logs and one getting on at an interchange. As well as a LV when I arrived at my parent's house. YIKES!!!

Something is definitely still not right. I packed my boost leak tester as well as all the necessary tools to investigate some other things. See the logs and LV attached.

Thanks again!!!

romraiderlog_20130330_141226.csv

romraiderlog_20130330_141502.csv

1109517050_LearningView_SS_3-30-201341306PM.jpg.c2866e83bf5a1de4536126afd2c74f8b.jpg

You're bogging your engine down. You shouldn't be applying 23% throttle when you're in 5th gear at barely 2K. And you certainly shouldn't be applying 50% like you were doing earlier. Drive correctly.

I wasn't speeding up I was slowing down...bogging down to me implies I was trying to go somewhere and all I was doing was slowing down. I was doing like 55mph I don't think that classifies as bogging down the engine.

Your logs show exactly what you're doing. Timestamp 522188 you are at under 2K applying 22% throttle and increasing to 50% resulting in 8 degrees of FBKC!

And then moments later, at 534235 you are again applying 23% throttle at 2000 generating -1.41 degrees of FBKC, which kills your IAM, and then causes some more FLKC.

So again, start driving your car correctly. DOWNSHIFT.

Archived