LegacyGT.com

Learning View Help...

monkonmonk

fahr, I don't know why DTC is disabled. I will turn it on and take another LV. Give me 3 min.

iNVAR, for time sake, could I just switch back to stock TMIC? Also, as for the BPV it is all stock, including the rubber o-ring gasket.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you have no other gasket on your BPV other than that rubber o-ring? That could be a problem. You don't a gasket shaped like this on there?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lgt-style-bov-bpv-gasket-template-131741.html

Stop by your local auto store and buy a sheet of gasket material and cut one out.

Nope, no gasket. I don't recall there ever being one.

I will do that, but I have never had one on there. Was there one originally from the factory? When I got my TMIC I had to clean a bunch of RTV off of it but I figured that was due to some aftermarket BOV.

Here is the LV with DTC enabled.

1131279799_LearningView_SS_3-23-2013114835AM.jpg.7d1274505970a94587b6ba5717510a23.jpg

There should be a gasket on there. It should've come with the AVO TMIC. If I recall correctly, mine came with a gasket when I purchased it brand new. Put a gasket on there, and like I said, RTV the lower bolt hole... or put teflon tape onto the bolt. Remember, it strips easily though so be careful.

Um, it's not normal to use a gasket plus an o-ring. It's usually one or the other eh.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Material probably won't make a difference. Rubber I guess would be fine. The RTV is supposed to be put onto the bolt and threaded into the hole while still wet. So that it dries inside and makes the seal. Even if it doesn't have a change to fully cure or it should be fine.

I don't believe they 'go bad'. Some are just tougher than others.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Are we making any progress? I am getting a sinking feeling the answer is no.

The car felt much better, but clearly something is wrong as the IAM is going the wrong way.

Um, last time IAM was 0.500 eh? Did I miss a post?

No, you are right. I was referencing that from the reset of 0.750 it is still not going to 1.000 but the other way.

Basically, I am getting the feeling I need to suck it up, get a new laptop and log for you guys to really tell me what is going on, yes?

So, I did not make headway today on the laptop, but I did try to log via the OP 2.0. Not sure exactly what I am doing.

How do I open it? The file is an 18kb file with one or two pulls (not sure if it amends the file or not) with a '.out' as the extension. Whole file name is logcfg.out

I cannot post it to the website...Grrrr.

also, I tried to use the RR Defogger as the switch, i hope it worked.

Details on this would be appreciated since I am having to use the desktop for now.

Also, I did take a learning view, but it looks like I didn't drive far enough for that to have a meaning.

Thanks again. I really do appreciate all the help and feedback.

1819767680_LearningView_SS_3-24-201384646PM.jpg.87655ecb524ebdef99069899cba8b69d.jpg

Well, IAM is heading up which is good. Not seeing knock at low IAM doesn't mean too much as timing is still held low by IAM being <1.00...

'logout' is just a text file which is used for debugging the logging process, it's not a log as such. Logs will be created as .csv files on the card.

If you have a logout file being created and no .csv file there is something wrong with the configuration file which tells the OP2 how and what to log.

1. Make sure you have your logcfg.txt file in the root of the SD card.

2. Make sure it has the correct filename extension, '.txt'.

3. Try using the tool on this page to create a new config file.

You can try creating a file from the text pasted below if you can't figure that tool out. I made it to log on the slower K-Line protocol as I don't know if your ECU was patched to log on the faster CANbus protocol or not. Logging is triggered via the defogger switch.

type = ssmk

;P8 - Engine Speed(rpm)
paramname = Engine_Speed(rpm)
paramid = 0x00000E
databits = 16
scalingrpn = x,4,/

;P10 - Ignition Total Timing(degrees)
paramname = Ignition_Total_Timing(degrees)
paramid = 0x000011
scalingrpn = x,128,-,2,/

;P12 - Mass Airflow(g/s)
paramname = Mass_Airflow(g/s)
paramid = 0x000013
databits = 16
scalingrpn = x,100,/

;P13 - Throttle Opening Angle(%)
paramname = Throttle_Opening_Angle(%)
paramid = 0x000015
scalingrpn = x,100,*,255,/

;P36 - Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle(%)
paramname = Primary_Wastegate_Duty_Cycle(%)
paramid = 0x000030
scalingrpn = x,100,*,255,/

;E34 - Turbo Dynamics Integral (4-byte)*(absolute %)
paramname = Turbo_Dynamics_Integral_(4-byte)*(absolute %)
paramid = 0xFF63F4
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x

;E35 - Boost Error*(psi)
paramname = Boost_Error*(psi)
paramid = 0xFF63E8
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x,0.01933677,*

;E36 - Target Boost (4-byte)*(psi relative sea level)
paramname = Target_Boost_(4-byte)*(psi relative sea level)
paramid = 0xFF63EC
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x,760,-,0.01933677,*

;E37 - Turbo Dynamics Proportional (4-byte)*(absolute %)
paramname = Turbo_Dynamics_Proportional_(4-byte)*(absolute %)
paramid = 0xFF63F0
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x

;E39 - Feedback Knock Correction (4-byte)*(degrees)
paramname = Feedback_Knock_Correction_(4-byte)*(degrees)
paramid = 0xFF8014
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x

;E41 - Fine Learning Knock Correction (4-byte)*(degrees)
paramname = Fine_Learning_Knock_Correction_(4-byte)*(degrees)
paramid = 0xFF8098
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x

;E56 - Requested Torque*(raw ecu value)
paramname = Requested_Torque*(raw ecu value)
paramid = 0xFF8320
isfloat = 1
scalingrpn = x

;E59 - Gear (Calculated)*(position)
paramname = Gear_(Calculated)*(position)
paramid = 0xFF701D
scalingrpn = x

;P21 - Fuel Injector #1 Pulse Width(ms)
paramname = Fuel_Injector_#1_Pulse_Width(ms)
paramid = 0x000020
scalingrpn = x,256,*,1000,/
isvisible = 0

;P7 - Manifold Absolute Pressure(psi)
paramname = Manifold_Absolute_Pressure(psi)
paramid = 0x00000D
scalingrpn = x,37,*,255,/
isvisible = 0

;P24 - Atmospheric Pressure(psi)
paramname = Atmospheric_Pressure(psi)
paramid = 0x000023
scalingrpn = x,37,*,255,/
isvisible = 0

; Defogger Switch Trigger
paramname = defogger_trigger
paramid = 0x64
databits = 1
offsetbits = 5
isvisible = 0

type = calc

;P200 - Engine Load (Calculated)(g/rev)
paramname = Engine_Load_(Calculated)(g/rev)
scalingrpn = Mass_Airflow(g/s),60,*,Engine_Speed(rpm),/

;P201 - Injector Duty Cycle(%)
paramname = Injector_Duty_Cycle(%)
scalingrpn = Engine_Speed(rpm),Fuel_Injector_#1_Pulse_Width(ms),*,1200,/

;P202 - Manifold Relative Pressure (Corrected)(psi)
paramname = Manifold_Relative_Pressure_(Corrected)(psi)
scalingrpn = Manifold_Absolute_Pressure(psi),Atmospheric_Pressure(psi),-

; Start log when defogger_trigger == 1
conditionrpn = defogger_trigger,1,==
action = start

; Stop log when defogger_trigger == 0
conditionrpn = defogger_trigger,0,==
action = stop

Good. Not in a folder = in the root level. Copy the code above into the logcfg.txt file in it's entirety, that and nothing else. Make sure the file is not named 'logcfg.txt.txt' by mistake. Make sure the SD card is not locked or write-protected when you pop it back into the OP2.

You can tell if the trigger (in this case the defogger button) is causing the OP2 to create a log by the red and green LEDs in the case flashing quickly.

This page will give you more information on standalone logging than you could possibly need.

Alright, two logs for your viewing pleasure. These are both 2nd gear pulls as speed limits on the way to work don't allow for 3rd.

Also, this is a LV after these drives. I did not reset it before making this run and taking these logs as compared to the previously posted LV.

Let me know what you think.

109244488_LearningView_SS_3-25-2013125154PM.jpg.98db97c9960cef6efc965f9dffe5bd14.jpg

log0001.csv

log0002.csv

Two more real quick...

The first one is in Sport # (log#3) and the other is in 'I' Intelligent (log#5)in case it makes a difference.

Also, I did one just cruising (log#4).

I thought it might be something that is only happening at the higher rpms.

No LV after the jaunt back to work, just logs.

Thanks again guys (and gals).

log0004.csv

log0005.csv

log0003.csv

Archived