LegacyGT.com

Game time: What the hell is this?

• Moderators
Was poking around under the hood last night and saw this little guys sitting on top of the undertray. Fished it out to get a better look, anyone have any idea what it is or where it goes? AFAIK it's been there for the entire ~1000 miles that I've had the car so far.

F334C7F6-3971-4365-B204-D238F6966440-4312-0000053348B77941_zps1ee8412f.thumb.jpg.aa5538d0bc98e11b20a52ce8004f7ad1.jpg

E108E403-6EDC-4EFB-8BA8-DD1408D58529-4312-0000053357CBDC6C_zps96270ffb.thumb.jpg.2325f28c20b79393c57fddeb35ec1266.jpg

B425F8F5-BAB4-4FF4-884A-9F6A30C2BC06-4312-000005336476F9B1_zps51d998c0.thumb.jpg.8fa223eb770672f8b8f81f26c31bfb6c.jpg

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Guessing your ppi wasnt quite as thorough as should have been. :-)

OTOH, IDK what that is. a bug?

LOL, PPI didn't need to be all that thorough. Everything was pretty clean, motor was checked out including a compression test, and I was 700 miles from home. Was pretty much buying the car unless the transmission felt borked or something.

• Moderators

99% sure it's not the egt plug. One, I just don't think it's that plug--different shape--and two, pretty sure the EGT sensor is still there and untampered with.

To my knowledge, nothing on the engine has ever been modified--although I'm not ruling out anything as these cars can certainly hold surprises.

One thing I do know is that only one of the two horns is working at the moment, wondering if this could be related.

• Moderators
Quite possible it doesn't go to your car at all, then?

I'm kind of leaning that way, it's just funny to look down there and find it. It's almost something that could have been in a techs shirt pocket and could've fallen out if he/she leaned into the engine bay for something.

It was probably replaced when the plugs were changed. Those connectors frequently fail when unplugging the coils if you aren't careful.

You'd know if it were unplugged, because the car would barely run and you'd have complained here about the terrible fuel economy long before 1000 miles.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Moderators
It was probably replaced when the plugs were changed. Those connectors frequently fail when unplugging the coils if you aren't careful.

You'd know if it were unplugged, because the car would barely run and you'd have complained here about the terrible fuel economy long before 1000 miles.

Cool, that's what I was hoping. Plugs were changed some what recently by a shop and they also did a compression test right before I bought it. I think it must've happened when they changed the plugs and they just cut the old on off and put a new one on.

This isn't my first rodeo.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived