LegacyGT.com

Brake master cylinder brace?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find the P/N on some of the better listed Cusco US suppliers. Let us know ho you make out, I'd be interested in this as well

I ordered mine thru a car performance shop here in China. I think this brace kit is being manufactured now here in Southern part of China. Let me try to find an online shop that can understand English and hopefully can accept international order. I will get back to you later!

I've been doing some searching but unfortunately can't seem to find a seller that sell outside of China. I will try to contact the car performance shop that I've ordered from my brace kit tomorrow. I want to know how good his English is, so I will know if he could communicate with you guys and is willing to ship outside of China.

If you can - measure the stroke of the pedal before and after mods with engine running, could be interesting for us to know.

That would be difficult to do without a proper instrument or tools to be able to measure the stroke of the pedal.

I had a few vendors contact cusco and was told a no go as far as importing the part. I was however told that an 08 wrx and up should fit with minor modification. whos gonna be the test monkey?

I've also talked with the car performance shop early today, but he said he didn't have any facility to accept international order now. So it will be difficult for him accept order outside of China. He seems not willing and seems contented with the way his business is doing in China.

Anyway, I'm still looking for an online website in China which I remember do accept international orders but can't seem to find it now. However not sure if that shop sells the Cusco brace kit.

If anyone lived close to Grimmspeed, I am sure they would be more then willing to test fit the part on a 5th gen Legacy.

Grimmspeed

724 Harding St NE

Minneapolis, MN 55413

(612) 379-0000

I'm sure it's not too difficult to make this brace kit.

If anyone lived close to Grimmspeed, I am sure they would be more then willing to test fit the part on a 5th gen Legacy.

Grimmspeed

724 Harding St NE

Minneapolis, MN 55413

(612) 379-0000

I do live close and I have brought the car in to check on fitment and development. As previously mentioned, we don't have the mounting points they want to use.

Yes, there seems to be a lack of structural mounting points for something like this on our cars.

You mean there are really no mounting point available for USDM unlike the JDM?

http://borjaphoto.com/temp/cusco%20brake%20kit.jpg

Definitely need to drill some holes and get additional nuts if ever you decide to get the Cusco. The Cusco only supplied one bolt with nut if remember it correctly. Other bolts are screwed on to the other holes which are already threaded. Why do the USDM so different?

• 2 months later...