LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

Just had a loud discussin with my daughter. She was complaining that she couldn't find sweatshirts that her mom put away in her room. She's 10 and her room is a constant mess. I said that if she actually put her clothes away instead of relying on her mom or dad to do so for her, she might know where they were. She did not like this and cried and retreated to her room, locking the door.

I foresee a minor battle in our future.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a loud discussin with my daughter. She was complaining that she couldn't find sweatshirts that her mom put away in her room. She's 10 and her room is a constant mess. I said that if she actually put her clothes away instead of relying on her mom or dad to do so for her, she might know where they were. She did not like this and cried and retreated to her room, locking the door.

I foresee a minor battle in our future.

My 5 year old is good at going from complaining to crying. She is so dramatic, sometimes I just have to laugh.

My 5 year old is good at going from complaining to crying. She is so dramatic, sometimes I just have to laugh.

My kid learned the waterworks get him nowhere with me pretty quick. He can turn it off and on at will. I think it's a skill most 5 year old's possess...

My kid learned the waterworks get him nowhere with me pretty quick. He can turn it off and on at will. I think it's a skill most 5 year old's possess...

As I said before some friends see some of my parenting as "mean" so the waterworks do not get far with me either. But she still puts them on. They def work with the grandmas.

Daughter was still bitchy when she went to dance class. She seems to think that we didn't warn her that hair touching her shoulder would be irritating to her as a executable offense. :lol:

I am so looking forward to the next few years. :lol:

Stasis, anyone?

Daughter was still bitchy when she went to dance class. She seems to think that we didn't warn her that hair touching her shoulder would be irritating to her as a executable offense. :lol:

I am so looking forward to the next few years. :lol:

Stasis, anyone?

Ohh boy that sounds like fun. I was in high school when my sisters hit that age. She'll grow out of it eventually. My sisters are 21 now and have finally gotten out of that :)

Joined the ranks this past weekend. Our baby boy was born 6/28, 7lb 9.5oz, 20". Mom and baby are healthy and well, and our first two nights at home have been totally manageable. More sleep would be nice, of course!

I've been reading a book, "Rad Dad", that I highly recommend to any open-minded Dads or dads-to-be who want to see some different perspectives on fatherhood.

• Moderators
Joined the ranks this past weekend. Our baby boy was born 6/28, 7lb 9.5oz, 20". Mom and baby are healthy and well, and our first two nights at home have been totally manageable. More sleep would be nice, of course!

I've been reading a book, "Rad Dad", that I highly recommend to any open-minded Dads or dads-to-be who want to see some different perspectives on fatherhood.

Congrats, Rick!!!!!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I know it's a process... and that she'll get there eventually... but having the patience to deal with a child who doesn't yet understand or has yet to develop patience is DIFFICULT :( .

I know it's a process... and that she'll get there eventually... but having the patience to deal with a child who doesn't yet understand or has yet to develop patience is DIFFICULT :( .

Oh man, how old is she? My son is 27 months now and the terrible twos is...really terrible.

Sooo... got pulled aside by one of his teachers today. Seems my 6-year-old minion has been saying incredibly disrespectful things to teachers and bullying kids, especially when they're in the bathroom. Doing things like holding the door shut or trying to scare them when they're dropping a deuce.

Teacher asked him how he was doing. His response, "why are you even talking to me, woman."

A "conversation" was had and then he was put to work for the rest of the night. Expectations were set that he will treat teachers with the same respect as he does me and I will not make a distinction between disrespect or rude behavior towards them vs rude or disrespectful behavior towards me... and I'm going to check in with them every day. Tomorrow he will be introduced to the joys of manual labor to the point of physical exhaustion. Then we'll head to grandma's, because she'd like to have a word with him about her opinion on blatantly disrespecting women. If he thinks I'm a hardass, wait until he finds out where I get it from...

He has no #$(!ing idea what sort of special fresh personal hell he is in for tomorrow. He seems to think he's almost in the clear because I built him back up a little bit before bed. Not even close... :lol:

On the plus side, it will be handy having a 6 year old who knows how to scrub the hell out of toilets and floors or clean litter boxes. Minus side, I pretty much have to do it right along side of him if I want to send the correct message with the appropriate tone. Bah.

Something tells me there will be zero behavior problems on Friday.

Edited by SurlyOldManMN