LegacyGT.com

DDM HID Kit Install and Review

copenhagen6123

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you go with the TRS RetroQuik system you are not just swapping bulbs. You are replacing our Halogen projector with a "retrofitted" HID projector that is designed for that type of bulb/output. Our Halogen projectors were not designed to be fitted with HIDs.

If you go with the TRS RetroQuik system you are not just swapping bulbs. You are replacing our Halogen projector with a "retrofitted" HID projector that is designed for that type of bulb/output. Our Halogen projectors were not designed to be fitted with HIDs.

I only need the bulb and ballesters for my 2013.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

One of my ballasts died 2wks after install.

Way back in 2009, Olivier replied to my "lifetime warranty" inquiry with:

Please send back the ballast only to:

Apexcone Returns

7171 Ronson Rd

Suite A

San Diego, CA 92111

USA

1- Include a copy of the form attached in the email inside the package.

2 - Put RMA#XE#### on the package.

3 -Include your name in the package and what you need.

4 -Use a traceable shipping service to return it. (my cost, $24CDN from Edmonton, AB)

5 -Send me the tracking info so I can follow the progress.

6- Send $27 via Paypal to sales@xenonexpert.com for the return shipping fees. Apexcone will not send you a new part unless return shipping is paid.

So back then it was $56CDN (exchange rates back then sucked), so it wasn't really worth it to send it back.

Only saving grace was that they sent me 2 sets for the price of 1 (that I paid for) so I had a spare set..

After more bulb and ballast failures I opted to go with a TRS Retro-Quik which I plan on installing this summer.

Are there any good HID kits that work well with our stock projectors?

No. An HID bulb kit will not change the performance and output of the projector. Sure, it's decent enough for most people. But if you want true performance, you'll need to do a projector retrofit.

Get in on the TRS group buy for one now, 25% off! :)

I was thinking about running a set of the DDM, I put a 55w set in my wifes Kia Sorento with the relay harness and they are bright as hell! People usually flash her. Was thinking of doing the 55w in the Legacy but thinking I might do the 35w instead.

I was thinking about running a set of the DDM, I put a 55w set in my wifes Kia Sorento with the relay harness and they are bright as hell! People usually flash her. Was thinking of doing the 55w in the Legacy but thinking I might do the 35w instead.

Umm, does the sorento have projectors or reflectors? If its reflectors you are glaring the shit out of everyone. Really dangerous.

"This is an adventure."

Archived