LegacyGT.com

DDM HID Kit Install and Review

copenhagen6123

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing this thread from the dead haha

So, I was thinking about ordering a set of HID's from DDM but hearing these reviews about how long they last scares me. I was going to order 35W 5k but now I'm iffy about it. Any other good brands out there that last longer? Or is DDM the way to go?

• 1 month later...
I bought my DDM 35w 4300k kit in 2007 from a vendor here and I'm still running it on my Legacy. Only issue I've had is the passenger light won't fire the first time when it's really cold. It's only started recently so I'm guess it might be an age thing. If you turn them off and on a few times, it will usually arc and light. I don't have any kind of battery harness either, I'm just plugged into the existing wires.

• 1 month later...
When you got your kit in 2007, did it come in a black box with nice silver DDM logo? I bought one from a vendor on here too in 2008 and am trying to find out if the kits from DDM website are the same as the kits sold back then, but wih different packaging. I payed 140 for the kit back in 2008, but surely it can't be the same kit at $28 bucks can it?

In the subsequent 8 years, I have completely forgotten what packaging the lights came in. I installed them and then threw it away. I'm pretty sure I paid closer to $140 than $28. It's entirely possible they are the same kit but the fact that I've gotten 8 years out of them, it would surprise me that the same kit would only cost $28 now (considering the big players like Diode Dynamics and TRS still cost $150).

I vaguely remember that my kit used DDM ballast and then different bulbs provided by the vendor (Xenon Expert was the name I think) but I can't be sure.

Archived