LegacyGT.com

Bought a Miata

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a Miata, but I found two inch gouge out of sidewall entire n my 350z. Went to South Bend Tire Rack only to find that every lug on all four wheels was a locking nut and neither I nor TR had a matching key ( bought car used in May).

Had to buy four tires since the old ones were discontinued. TR worked for two hours to get the lugs off. Best customer service I've ever found and not just today.

I haven't gotten under it yet but it's pushed all the way into the spare tire and the frame rail on the passenger side looks slightly buckled. Drivers door is more difficult than usual to close. I expect it to be totaled.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Crap... that really sucks. Doesn't look that bad in the pic... Hopefully they were actually licensed/insured?

Yep, totally cool guy. He felt really bad and he started the insurance claim on the spot. If it had to happen it was a best case scenario.

2003 Baja 5MT

Or find an NB that needs a motor that can be bought cheap, and swap over the good stuff.

I'd say swap it all into an NA, but NA values have gone up enough it could be hard to find a bargain... Don't know if it would be smog feasible in Kalifornistan, either... Are NA6 cars exempt over there yet? It wouldn't have OBD-II... not sure if you could pass a visual with an NB2 motor swapped in? I could offer you a good deal on an NB roller, but the logistical problems are significant... :p

If it got hit hard enough to distort the frame rail, it's definitely not a keeper, but I would buy it back for the parts if you're going to get another Miata. Make sure to document all that you've put into it to get top value.

Man this sucks. I've been thinking about how I'd feel if someone totaled my NA after all the work I've done. A month out from MRLS... :mad:

^^^ Kalifornistan...first time I ever read or heard it. Funny.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Or find an NB that needs a motor that can be bought cheap, and swap over the good stuff.

I'd say swap it all into an NA, but NA values have gone up enough it could be hard to find a bargain... Don't know if it would be smog feasible in Kalifornistan, either... Are NA6 cars exempt over there yet? It wouldn't have OBD-II... not sure if you could pass a visual with an NB2 motor swapped in? I could offer you a good deal on an NB roller, but the logistical problems are significant... :p

If it got hit hard enough to distort the frame rail, it's definitely not a keeper, but I would buy it back for the parts if you're going to get another Miata. Make sure to document all that you've put into it to get top value.

Man this sucks. I've been thinking about how I'd feel if someone totaled my NA after all the work I've done. A month out from MRLS... :mad:

Part of me is really bummed about this, but I also think that it might be the opportunity to try and get a 6spd NB2. I haven't been too happy with this Miata for a while now, so if it's totaled I'm not sure I'd even want to buy it back and fix it. If I had the amount of work in it as you do I'd probably fix it.

2003 Baja 5MT

The 2.5 swap can be done pretty cheaply. And the really good thing is the smog folks would never know the difference... :D

Yeah I was reading about it and you can use all stock everything so it looks totally stock. It'd be a riot with FM's new CARB Legal supercharger kit:lol:

2003 Baja 5MT

In all seriousness, that would be a good way to go in CA. A 2.5 with cams, the CARB blower, and hide a header under the stock heat shield (I don't think there's a CARB header yet). Easy 250whp on 91, and great torque...