LegacyGT.com

Official DFW Area Meet Thread

famaya26

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throwing my name up in here as well. Moved to the area about 8 months ago. Live in Wylie to be precise. Currently pondering local-ish etuners that I can trust with a Cobb tune.

When I am able to get away from wife and kid, looking forward to making it out to a social event with "all y'all"

Throwing my name up in here as well. Moved to the area about 8 months ago. Live in Wylie to be precise. Currently pondering local-ish etuners that I can trust with a Cobb tune.

When I am able to get away from wife and kid, looking forward to making it out to a social event with "all y'all"

AWDtuning in Flower Mound, TX are great

Another vote for AWDTuning

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Off the top of your heads, how much do they charge for etunes? In-house tunes? If it is Cobb, do they lock the tune, or leave it open?

If AWD Tuning does anything other than RomRaider on the dyno, that's news to me.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Off the top of your heads, how much do they charge for etunes? In-house tunes? If it is Cobb, do they lock the tune, or leave it open?

IIRC, it's $300ish and yes I've heard that both will leave it open if you make nice with the tech.

If AWD Tuning does anything other than RomRaider on the dyno, that's news to me.

AWD will tune through the AP.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

They started working with Cobb Accessport a while back

After years of being completely opposed to Cobb, and I still vividly remember the conversation. Interesting.

I don't know how anyone can get anything done on the clock without live tuning.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I am purchasing a sub from another user on this site. Anyone know of a reputable shop that could install it for me without burning a hole in my wallet? Preferably in Dallas!

Which sub? If non OEM, how are you mounting it? Amp?

If it's OEM, I might be able to quote you a price, but I don't know how my price would compare. The good news is I do high quality installs. Your mileage may vary with the range of installs out there.

Climber is it possible to add an amp to the oem hu? Does getting the JDM double din make it easier?

Without getting too off track of this thread, the short answer is a) yes, b) depends. You first pick a budget, then decide what you want your sound to be, then what you're willing to do to get it. If you're keeping the OEM head unit, then things get a little complicated (OEM has loudness and other fixed tuning to skew the output, but there are solutions), many have done it successfully. Swapping to JDM double din is so you can install any headunit, which means any amp and any speakers. There are a ton of great threads in the audio section, which explain everything. It's easy to get carried away with audio upgrades.

The key is to not.

• 1 month later...

Archived