LegacyGT.com

Why Low Profile Tires

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...They were summer performance tires that did nothing except rear end a woman's VW...

For the record, it was YOU that hit someone and was at fault, not the tires.

It's like reading a Charles Dickens novel.

I have some red Kartboy exhaust hangers, if anyone is interested...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hmmm get in accident, bame tires not driving skill! I just got home its been snowing all day didn't have a problem with keeping my car under control even with slippery road conditions! Have to say my Michelin Pilot Sport as + do pretty good in all road conditions. Saw 4 different accidents all Hondas! This guy has a screw or two loose and a few missing marbles!

Chapter 1 - The Incident

I am relaying an incident 3 months after I bought the car..from Town Motors in N.J.This car was in the showroom,it's list was around $34K.They said it can be had for mid 27K plus.I traded in my Forrester,and 10 K in cash....May the gods strike me dead if I speak with tonque ,,forked.

Such vitriol.....

Now some say it's a performance car...recently it was categorized as an overblown mid sedan by more than one.

I care not,however ,,,I was new to a concept of "summer tires"not to mention those ...."OH.....!! So LOW Profiles.....They were all new to me.

People speak of phase 2 modifications,,as if it's part of normal speech ..I'll admit that ignorance is NO Excuse in some situations but this Attack is unwarranted .

Hang me if you must,,but I had no clue.......

Chapter 2 - I got tires for sale!!!

Im not bitching,,long after the fact.

The Pirelli P zero Nero set satisfied the requirements of all seaso driving,in fact this is my second set.

Immediately after the accident I unloaded them with hardly any miles on them.As was pointed out,,if I had the space maybe saving them was a remote possibility.

My overall point is......this was a mistake ..

No,not my buying the car,or the original equipment tires festooned to it...

Chapter 3 - Lobster Man #2

I think not......I'm not from Oregon or Washington

Also,I'm certainly not Lobster Man # 2 ..I am however a Libertarian,born & raised in the bronx ,N.Y. Esconsed now in northern N.J.

Alas,my queries are misunderstood.not the first time.

I'd like to thank all,for their responses.I mean it.

P.S. I do long for that crustacean when properly prepared.

Chapter 4 - Who you calling Bulbous?

Let's just see,,what prompted me to pose this query about non bulbous tires.

Well,,for one..I joined about a month and a half ago...

I was experiencing other problems which required immediate attention...clutch,front & rear brakes changed,,and even the battery.

Yes,,that's why,after those problems were resolved,,and after my red brick leather seat had to be re dyed....Because of grease/solvent stains applied by Town Motors......

I remembered how worthless those potenza's were...

Hold on their partner,,,,,I was also looking a needed exhaust system,,,,,yes those are the reasons those worthless tires moved from the recesses of the back burners of memory to where the daily bitches take shape....

I hope,,this explains the INTERLUDE...

Chapter 5 - Sister Bertrand has 12" of Mondo Stem

And because of setups,,I simply can't download pictures...it's a Microsoft thing.

I will admit to an inability to control ,,,,,,,,,and even........

Yes,,if my Sister Bertrand would peruse my writings,,,,she would whip out her 12 inches.......OK....OK.... Metal side down ruler,,,although I know she Longed for My Stem..

What more can I say.......she was a Dominican...

P.S. another thing,,,they give you the opportunity to display some Avatars,,which I don't know how to do ,,,but they have me listed as having a 05 GT,,,not a 06 B.

I can't even download their own avatars....

It is a mondo....

Chapter 6 - Phase DEUX (Stage 2 to you Limey!)

What have I done?

Can't publish pictures,can't even use the in house avatar for my 06 B,since the powers believe I have an 05 of some sort,,,And that's all they show me...,,

However,,,,,here is where I make my stand...

Born & raised in the Bronx ,,hate the Yankees ,rangers,(when they play hockey) love the NY Giants,Mets,& Islanders

Was enamoured with VW products,,then Japanese (toyotas,nissans,and finally Subarus)

Even though I'm a fan of Top Gear,I'm certainly not a Limey .They put so much emphasis on cars cornering ability they take the fun out of driving.Yes,when you look at skid pad results of say a Lotus,they are simply superb,drive them for a K of miles ,,you will lament.Same with their top end products,,,,the Astin martins,Jaguars,all.Its a shame there all now foreign owned to..

I'm not ,,,,,,,,,what you TINK.....

I've attempted to speak on pertinent issues,,,,reliabilty,,clutches,,and exhaust systems,,,,,,and yes even worthless low profile tires..I'm certainly not a mechanic,,don't have the command of a garage to even think of a PHASE DEUX,whatever that is.....but I enjoy my B....that's about it....

Chapter 7 - Summary

I truly do..

Michelin does not make a all season tire for this car.

I simply...can't stand these tires..that's all....

I give up...

Final Chapter - Sex Drugs and the Grail

Maybe,,I'm indeed in search of the Grail..

What does the low profiles bring to the game,that standards don't ?

Their road feel might be superior however the unconfortability rating seems to leave much to be desired.

Is it straight up sex?

There multiply every nuance in the road,,,,,in spades.

They don't even LOOK substantially better...

Standards might put as much a track as they do.......Whats the appeal?

My treads as new are 11/32 's They also seem not to have the life span as regulars.

How can I write this,,while watching "It came from outer space" ,starring the forgettable Richard Carlson....

Wait......That's it....low profiles "From Outer Space"

Drugs ,,,,,,,,,,are.......b.a.d.

Mmkkkaayy

Please keep posting threads Thetoad. I truly hope you do and I'll make sure Sister Bertrand keeps her 12" away from your Mondo Stem! :D

If you purchased the car from a dealer its their responsibility to sell you a car that will pass state inspection regulations. (Provided your state has such). If they do not, unfortuinately it falls on the owner to educate himself about his purchase prior to investing. For future reference, any car with low profile tires will ride harsher then a normal sedan, its not just subaru. And any car with a stiff suspension and high profile tires will ride almost as harsh. Invest in a set of bridgestone blizzack tires and buy a skinnier tire then your OEM size. Reason being the skinnier the tire the more weight is concentrated on a smaller area increasing traction on snow. Same theory can be applied to rain. skinny tires have less water to plow and to an extent will yield better traction. Opposite applies to dry pavement where Wider is better. Sorry to hear a out your crash, best overall advise i can give is to slow down when the weathers bad.

After reading this post, I think I'm expecting a thread to eventually pop up complaining why a Legacy with a turbo burns more gas and is more maintenance intensive than the Legacy without the turbo? And why someone's F-150 rides and handles like a truck. :rolleyes:

Archived