LegacyGT.com

[rant].. gotta vent real quick..

So i picked up my car from the shop at the subaru dealer today... it had been in for an alignment after installing new springs....

Looks like i was the lucky winner of some contest though, not only did i get my alignment.. I also got my bumper torn up! :rolleyes:

http://pictars.com/users/rallispec/IMG_1682%20(Large).JPG

http://pictars.com/users/rallispec/IMG_1680%20(Large).JPG

sorry for the large pics..... anyhow, looks like either they, or someone else in their parking lot did some pretty good damage to the front bumper and fender... Even popped out the fog lamp cover.

I had walked in to the shop, paid - and the cashier said my car would be brought around front... So i go wait by the door and the driver pulls up and hands me the keys.

I notice the damage right away and basically say to him "what the F* happened to my front bumper?!"/

He just gives me some look and shakes his shoulders and walks away. So i walk back into the shop, and of course at first I could tell they were going to try and play the "damage was there before we got the car" card... but as soon as they saw the damage it was obvios that it was thier fault.

fortunately i remained very calm... the shop was pretty understanding and told me me to swing back by the dealership tomorrow for an estimate and loaner car. I made sure to have them take pictures and give me thier acknowledgement of fault in the damage in writing.

Had i thought about it i would have just gotten a loaner car right then and thier and not have even had to mess with going back tomorrow. Didnt even cross my mind at the time though.

-----

on a side note, the car felt much more sluggish on the way home, I was almost certain they had reset my ECU back to factory config or something similar. (I left AP stage-1 map loaded) --

i checked when i got back and i'm still showing AP stage 1 loaded, i'll have to verify i'm still hitting target boost levels. It was probably just my imagination.

That bites.

Hope they do a good job on the repair.

me too..

RedBeast, I dont think they did - my AP still shows the correct map loaded -- however it doesnt feel like it. Gotta make sure i'm still hitting the proper boost.. Im hoping it was just my imagination after having riden my Ninja around town all day.

on another side note -- i was so cought up by all this i forgot to get the alignment specs. PatagonianGT and i were curious on how good a job we did.

well after driving around for a bit -- i think it was a mix of my imagination and the fact that they had pushed my seat real far back. (but not far enough to make me push it back up right away) --

once i was back in my normal position, the car felt much better.

Now, i also JUST noticed another problem... on of my wheels has a huge chip in it.. -- not the kind of chip that you get from curb rash, but rather the kind you would expect if someone dropped the wheel. (and they had the wheels off the car to rotate them, so it's possible they dropped it) - And the wheel's where fine when i dropped the car off.

the problem is that i think it's too late to do anything about it.

Anyone have any advice on how i can handle this when i take it back tomorrow?

--

edit, added wheel picture -- you can see the two chips at the point on the wheel where it sticks out the furthest. Their is no damage to the edges of the rim or the tire that would be thier in the case of curb rash.

This is what happens when you drop a wheel straight down on itself.

784385930_wheeldamage.JPG.53f0ab171036dd79c5e463b020bb46fd.JPG

That sucks dude...I would NEVER go back to that stealership...that is absolutely the WORST! oh...and you might wanna clean up that cosmolene..hehe.

I would say that something like this COULD NOT happen, without the entire rim getting scratched up. I don't know what they will do for you, though...but I would demand a new rim! or to have it repainted...don't know that it would match correctly though.

Good luck...and apologies for all your troubles...it sucks when stuff like this happens.

Looks like another case of a company f'ing up but lets "act" like it didn't happen and see what he says. I think i would have exploded. Good thing they took the blame though even if they tried the ass move from the start. Only problem with the wheel is a) you didn't see it from the start, so its hard to say anything, and b) It's not really clean, so they can say it was like that when it came in. This is why when i take my car anywhere for service I wash the hell out of it. Service guys pay a slight bit more attention to a car that comes in spotless because they know it has to be that way when it leaves because any damage sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also your fog lamp cover is missing.... That sucks bro!

It had popped out to the point of only being held on by one clip... i removed it completely becuase thier is no way it would have stayed on going down the highway.

i'm still not sure how i'm going to handle this wheel thing... and yes, it's dirty... i've been lazy and its just been way to hot outisde to go wash cars.. :(

That wheel was definitly on the right front when they scraped up the car. Those morons rotated the tires after they damaged your car. At least it narrows down when it happened. And I bet you they know exactly what happened. If they give you any trouble, you may want to call your insurance amd bring them into the loop.

Jason K.

Danny - what dealer was that?? Sorry that happened....I would have been fuming.

As for alignment....let me know how yours turned out. I had mine done when I was in Richmond last weekend ($39!!) - only my RR toe was out after the suspension swap. Marking bolts for t3h win :D

manassas dodge/subaru.. this is the first time i've dealt with them, although my brother's dodge has gone thier in the past.

I [again] forgot to ask about my alignment... i can tell you it wanst $39 dollars though!

I always wash my car before taking it in for service. My wife thinks this is insane, but I do it for three reasons: (1) you can verify whether there's any scratches, nicks, ect. before it goes in; (2) the people working on your car will me more respectful of your property because they know you take care of it, or at least they realize you'll notice any damage when you pick up the car; and (3) I would rather work on a clean shiny car than a dirty one.

Oh, and Rallispec, I feel for you. That really blows.

I always wash my car before taking it in for service. My wife thinks this is insane, but I do it for three reasons: (1) you can verify whether there's any scratches, nicks, ect. before it goes in; (2) the people working on your car will me more respectful of your property because they know you take care of it, or at least they realize you'll notice any damage when you pick up the car; and (3) I would rather work on a clean shiny car than a dirty one.

Oh, and Rallispec, I feel for you. That really blows.

+1

remember to really take your time when you pick up the car after they have fixed it. you'll want to eyeball everything very carefully. what a-holes!

(keeping my baby away from Manassas dodge/subaru!)

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

This dealership needs to be looked in to by SoA - this kind of service is simply unacceptable, to say nothing of the ethics of the workers or even management.

I am speechless with anger that they did not APPROACH YOU about the damage to your car prior to pickup or even during the pickup process. Instead, they waited for you to notice. What if you hadn't noticed?

Sure, they owned-up to the damage, but not notifying the customer of their mistreatment of your vehicle is simply unacceptable. :mad:

-A

PS: Sorry 'bout your damage - hope your baby'll feel better shortly!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

First off i'd be glad to take time outta my day and file complaints against that dealership.....what kind of springs did u get installed?

i got lucky that they didn't finish building oasis subaru which is 10 min from my house when i bought my LGT....i have to drive a bout 35 min to Freehold Subaru but let me tell you how thankful i am....The new Oasis Subaru is one of those dealerships that would do the same thing to the car....i was 1000 miles late for my oil change when i took the car in at oasis....1000 miles later i checked my oil and it was pitch black, low, and never changed....so i went about 5-6000 miles on the same oil.....my car doesn't run the same anymore....terrible gas millege...(problem is i couldn't bring it against them cuz i noticed it too late).but let me tell u how much i love taking that 35 min drive....I dropped my car off at freehold and gave them a whole list of things wrong with the car.....carpet hook missing, E-brake tightenin, rear window rubber molding coming off, fan wouldn't turn off(replaced ecu).....They gladly took the car in and fixed everything under warrenty...they also did my wheel alignment whereas i went to midas and sears auto center and they said they couldn't align it cuz ....midas - there is something bent in the front not allowing them to align the car...searsAC - the two rear bolts wont loosen and they didn't want to break them so they couldn't do the alignment....the dealership did it all gladly...i must say they got great service....

what am i tryin to say besides im bored at work and rambling on about dealerships.....dont ever try to save u'rself some time and go to a closer place....go where they treat u'r car as if it's theirs...

First off i'd be glad to take time outta my day and file complaints against that dealership.....what kind of springs did u get installed?

the spring install isn't related to the dealer....Rallispec and I did it, then he got work done at the dealer (alignment, etc)

i was askin what kind of springs...cuz i just had pinks put in and got my alignment done too.....oh yea everyone said the pinks wouldn't even lower the car...less than an inch....but i got well over an inch drop.

Archived