LegacyGT.com

[rant].. gotta vent real quick..

I always wash my car before taking it in for service. My wife thinks this is insane, but I do it for three reasons: (1) you can verify whether there's any scratches, nicks, ect. before it goes in; (2) the people working on your car will me more respectful of your property because they know you take care of it, or at least they realize you'll notice any damage when you pick up the car; and (3) I would rather work on a clean shiny car than a dirty one.

I definitly agree. I also don't want them washing my car and scratching it up. I'll also add that you should do a complete walk around when you pick up your car. I got into that habit with my Nissan Titan after hearing all kinds of horror stories on the Titan forums. It seems Nissan employees weren't used to the big trucks, and frequently backed into things. More often then not, they "forgot" to tell the owner. When I last took my Titan in, they had to replace the trim on the steering wheel radio controls. It was obvious the moron used a screwdriver to pry the pieces off, and cut the hell out of the leather steering wheel. They "forgot" to mention it to me to. The guy said "oh" and ran away when I reminded him. Then when they had to replace the wheel, they put it as a warranty replacement so they wouldn't have to pay for it, Nissan did. What stand up guys. Now I don't care if I look like an ass, I check over the car before I pick it up.

Jason K.

+1 ^^^ good idea...why is it that the people working on the cars don't care about the cars???..they slam the doors (with the windows down!!), slam on the trunk, pull the e-brake really hard and fast, and test drive your car like....well...really test driving it hard??!!!...
In Taiwan now...:spin:

For all those that are so quick to slam the dealer let me say this....because I work at one.

Sometime's accidents happen while car's are in for service, and they are usually taken care of once the dealer is made aware of the problem without to much stress.

I would bet in Rallispec's case that the damage was caused by someone parking another car close to his and actually hitting it and not saying anything since tech's and lot porters are usually responsible for damages they cause. Then a technician took his car and performed the services (alignment/rotation) and returned the car to the lot, he may have seen the damages but assumed they were there when the car came in. When Rallispec came to pick the car up a lot porter brought the car up to return also assuming the damage was already there. It sucks, but as long as they are taking care of it that's what counts. Of course, in my opinion they should comp you the money back you spent on the alignment for your inconveinance.

Well said, Opie.

I guess under the circumstances, we'd all be -and are- too eager to jump the gun at the dealer. Indeed, benefit of doubt should be given.

Thanks for enlightening us. :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

For all those that are so quick to slam the dealer let me say this....because I work at one.

Sometime's accidents happen while car's are in for service, and they are usually taken care of once the dealer is made aware of the problem without to much stress.

I would bet in Rallispec's case that the damage was caused by someone parking another car close to his and actually hitting it and not saying anything since tech's and lot porters are usually responsible for damages they cause. Then a technician took his car and performed the services (alignment/rotation) and returned the car to the lot, he may have seen the damages but assumed they were there when the car came in. When Rallispec came to pick the car up a lot porter brought the car up to return also assuming the damage was already there. It sucks, but as long as they are taking care of it that's what counts. Of course, in my opinion they should comp you the money back you spent on the alignment for your inconveinance.

That could be so,..

But if you got your car back, and if it wasnt the dealer's fault but maybe some driver or porter etc, I still wouldnt want my keys handed to me without an explanation,..

I think Im lucky in some cases in that Im 5'11, 230lbs and I dont get messed with often,..Helps to get some respect especially since Im kinda of a compulsive person and a perfectionist,..If I got my car back to me like that, I would've freaked out personally and then calmed down for an explanation,..Definitely in any case, the dealer should be responsible for any damages though,..

Hope things all work out,..

IMO,..some mechanics got lead feet and probably were trying to figure out the AP Stage 1 speed different from the OEM LGTs they have,..

• 2 weeks later...
Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru Plaza

P.O. Box 6000

Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000

Attn: Customer/Dealer Services

yeah, i guess i should have checked the 'contact us' page... ;)http://www.subaru.com/tools/contactus/index.jsp

it didnt even notice it all tucked down there at bottom under everything (sort of like canada.. easy to scan right over and not even notice)

anyhow thanks~

Archived