LegacyGT.com

Why is it so hard to find a '08-'09 LGT?!

xVern

One thi.g to consiser is although a slightly more difficult vehicle to find would be the 5thgen lgt, 6spd instead and bigger space wise if wanting more room for family. I really wanted an 08*09* but found a better deal on a 2010 and limited with more options and.it took 7months to.find it. Took a one way to.portland from boise,id and drove it home and don't regret it one bit.

There's a local one here for sale....nudge nudge

Except the OP wanted auto transmission

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I went all out in "05" and signed the line for a brand new LGT... Owned ever since!

The idea of searching for something now makes me cringe, so I'm busting my ass to keep this car in the best shape I can! :lol:

Good luck OP finding something you'll be happy with!

Took me 4 months to find a turbo Subaru for sale in Wisconsin under 100,000 for 15k. Once I found one, I called up and it was already sold. My car was only forsale for 2 days and the third day I scooped it up. Lucky for me it was black and thats what color I wanted. Just keep looking.

How do you manage the logistics on this? I really want to buy from an individual seller for AZ tax reasons (I would rather spend moolah on the car than give it to the state to mismanage ;^) I don't mind flying out and driving home, within a day or so distance anyway. I do wonder how you confirm that the car is what you think it is and that the seller won't sell it locally after the airfare is purchased, cashier's check procured etc.

Thanks, Doug

Granted, I was looking for a very specific 05 when I found mine, but the key here like everyone else said is to be patient, and increase your search radius.

FWIW, it took me a year and a half to find my perfect LGT wagon... and it was 800 miles away.

• Moderators
talking to the seller, see how comfortable both of you are, sending a deposit and etc

yup. talk on the phone, for sure--you'll get a way better feel than simply exchanging emails / texts. Also, select a shop local to the seller (or even find a good knowledgeable forum member if you want to go that route) and pay for them to do a once over on the car at the very least before you waste your time / money going out there.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

How do you manage the logistics on this? I really want to buy from an individual seller for AZ tax reasons (I would rather spend moolah on the car than give it to the state to mismanage ;^) I don't mind flying out and driving home, within a day or so distance anyway. I do wonder how you confirm that the car is what you think it is and that the seller won't sell it locally after the airfare is purchased, cashier's check procured etc.

Thanks, Doug

It is much easier to do than people think. I have purchased two cars out of state and one I flew out and drove home the other one I had shipped. First, start off by talking to the seller, one on one. Next ask for pictures and or videos. Any seller that really wants to sell his/her car will be more than willing to do these things. One thing that I found that helped me was to get preapproved for a loan amount and let them know that I already had the $. Next, any and all service records.

Most important thing to do is get your vehicle inspected by dealership or third party. Average dealer will charge $80-$120 for a pre-purchase inspection.

A good third party one is Carchex.com

They offer great service, detailed report, warranty, and not much more expensive than the dealer with more benefits. And you won't regret spending $150 for a car to find out that it's good or not and save you what ever you were gonna spend on it and never had it inspected. (Compression tests and leak down tests are something to consider)

Use THIS site to make sure the car isn't stolen.

Also, make sure you have a bill of sale drafted up that you, seller, your witness, and their witness signs. A couple more pointers I can give you if your really considering this...:coffee:

• I Donated Too
Wants:

2008-2009

Black leather interior.

Under 50K.

5eat.

Within 500 miles of seattle.

Am i being to picky? Is it because im in the Northwest? Now that i have the money to put down, i can't seem to find one! What am i doing wrong? Anyone have any where else i can search besides craigslist and autotrader?

Did a search of 500 miles with same wants as you and found only 4 in my area. (Philly)

21 total finds if I just wanted an 08-09 GT regardless of trans, leather, etc

all 4th gens seem to be quick to move off lots. i remember doing my paperwork for my 05, and as i was working on it the sales person i was working with went to greet another person coming to make an offer for it. sometimes timing is everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived