LegacyGT.com

Thank God for AWD... pics inside

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You made a critical error in being quick to judge. If you weren't there, maybe you shouldn't comment on how the OP drove.

Good driving, OP. Glad you're alright.

Funny he got hit on the rear quarter panel. This means by FACT she got close enough to hit him, his driving wasn't defensive enough and it was avoidable.

Again, by fact had he been driving staggered it would have never been a hit. Staggered doesn't mean a lane between you it means no one beside you, period and enough distance for and after to stop in the conditions.

He left with his life and a dented car. Don't be so arrogant to think there isn't a lesson to be learned. I've logged a life time of miles in the worst weather you can physical drive in. But hey, I know nothing and there is nothing to be learned here but subi's AWD system is amazing. God the world is getting dumb.

OP - my directness was not a slight on your ego. It was a free 'hey avoid it again and live better' comment.

Funny he got hit on the rear quarter panel. This means by FACT she got close enough to hit him, his driving wasn't defensive enough and it was avoidable.

Again, by fact had he been driving staggered it would have never been a hit. Staggered doesn't mean a lane between you it means no one beside you, period and enough distance for and after to stop in the conditions.

He left with his life and a dented car. Don't be so arrogant to think there isn't a lesson to be learned. I've logged a life time of miles in the worst weather you can physical drive in. But hey, I know nothing and there is nothing to be learned here but subi's AWD system is amazing. God the world is getting dumb.

OP - my directness was not a slight on your ego. It was a free 'hey avoid it again and live better' comment.

Driving with absolutely no one next to you for 2 lanes across? Yeah, right...

Some accidents aren't avoidable. Some are. Don't assume that every accident that happens is avoidable, at least not if you expect to be practical. There's a tradeoff between driving practically and driving completely defensively/safely. If I drove the way you suggested, I'd never get anywhere in NYC, and I guarantee you someone would still find a way to plow into my car.

Honestly, I wish I could agree with you, but I'm not a 16 year old punk kid with an awd car so unfortunately I can't agree with you. There's just way too many variables that resulted in this accident. I didn't just learn how to drive yesterday thus the reason I knew not to slam on my brakes as soon as I was sides. I guess everyone has a different style of driving and everyone I'm sure would have reacted differently.

Staggered driving is a pretty idealistic concept. If you live in BFE, this is possible, most of the time. If you live in a city with a population over 25, you're going to encounter situations where you're in close proximity with other cars.

Do you mean to tell me that if you're on a two-lane road and you face an oncoming car, you're going to pull over because it's the safe thing to do? No; that's ridiculous.

I'm going on 10 years without an accident.. but I tend to go out of my way to avoid driving near people. I understand where you're coming from, it's just not realistic 100% of the time. Unfortunately that's usually when most accidents happen. People are commending his driving skills and Subaru's AWD because this greatly reduced the damage that occurred. If he hadn't punched it when this car started to spin he would have either taken a hit to the door or worse, the front end. I'm not sure if you noticed, but stopping distances are much worse in the snow...

Props to the OP for the recovery- All of those hours in the parking lot "practicing safe driving" paid off. I'm sure you didn't post this story to start a pissing contest on who's the safest driver. It's pretty easy to start a new thread for that, though.. then maybe there will be a better place for Rob to call you dumb.

Staggered driving is a pretty idealistic concept. If you live in BFE, this is possible, most of the time. If you live in a city with a population over 25, you're going to encounter situations where you're in close proximity with other cars.

Do you mean to tell me that if you're on a two-lane road and you face an oncoming car, you're going to pull over because it's the safe thing to do? No; that's ridiculous.

I'm going on 10 years without an accident.. but I tend to go out of my way to avoid driving near people. I understand where you're coming from, it's just not realistic 100% of the time. Unfortunately that's usually when most accidents happen. People are commending his driving skills and Subaru's AWD because this greatly reduced the damage that occurred. If he hadn't punched it when this car started to spin he would have either taken a hit to the door or worse, the front end. I'm not sure if you noticed, but stopping distances are much worse in the snow...

Props to the OP for the recovery- All of those hours in the parking lot "practicing safe driving" paid off. I'm sure you didn't post this story to start a pissing contest on who's the safest driver. It's pretty easy to start a new thread for that, though.. then maybe there will be a better place for Rob to call you dumb.

Well put my friend, well put...

You sound like a judgmental dumbass and I hope you park your car under a tree home to birds with explosive diarrhea.

You sound like a judgmental dumbass and I hope you park your car under a tree home to birds with explosive diarrhea.

Lets not try to be too hateful.. I regularly have to park under a tree where birds let loose on my legacy. I wish that upon no man.

Back to the original point of the thread.. Have you looked into getting the body work quoted yet?

Lets not try to be too hateful.. I regularly have to park under a tree where birds let loose on my legacy. I wish that upon no man.

Back to the original point of the thread.. Have you looked into getting the body work quoted yet?

I dropped it of at the body shop yesterday but I didn't get a quote yet, time wise it's going to be about 3 weeks because of the holiday.:rolleyes: Sucks because I had a couple board trips set up to the mountains and when I went to pick up the rental they had no awd vehicles... Oh well. Do you guys think I should see if they would cover an alignment for my car, just thinking since it hit pretty close to the wheel and fish tailing the way it did I wonder if it would throw it out of alignment?

I dropped it of at the body shop yesterday but I didn't get a quote yet, time wise it's going to be about 3 weeks because of the holiday.:rolleyes: Sucks because I had a couple board trips set up to the mountains and when I went to pick up the rental they had no awd vehicles... Oh well. Do you guys think I should see if they would cover an alignment for my car, just thinking since it hit pretty close to the wheel and fish tailing the way it did I wonder if it would throw it out of alignment?

I would.

I live in RENO. I claim to drive in adverse weather conditions more than others. Check out my thread expressing my gross display of automotive ignorance.

Fixed.

Just ignore Rob-2. He's proven several times that he's a fucktard.

Just look to his own idiotic thread for proof. Clicky

EPIC!

lol so true though. No offense but on the road if I can, I stay away from the elderly and women drivers in general.

:lol: In slippery conditions I try to stay away from all pickup trucks, especially ones with a suspension lift kit. Too many of them are running AT tires with big tread blocks and very little siping.

[=nightspeed98;4218222]Please tell me that wasn't an 09 that you got in the last 6 months or so.

Picked it up not even 2 months ago...:mad:

Funny story is last two new cars I've bought I've been crashed in to within 3 months of ownership, none my fault. My first car then I picked up an Evo X last year and that one was totaled. Everyone keeps telling me to quit buying cars :lol:

people here on long island are professionals at driving side by side at the same speed blocking up all the rest of the world who wants to make use of the left lane. I personally hate driving close to anybody, especially semi's. I've been in close proximity to many highway bad weather accidents but far enough away to keep myself out of the mess. I kind of like that my 06 has no traction aids other than AWD and my user input. all these electronics and aids and automatic parallel parking aids is just making it easier for people who shouldnt really be driving in the first place to keep on doing so. One of the reasons I'm not a fan of the GT-R as sexy as it is.

[=nightspeed98;4218222]Please tell me that wasn't an 09 that you got in the last 6 months or so.

Funny story is last two new cars I've bought I've been crashed in to within 3 months of ownership, none my fault. My first car then I picked up an Evo X last year and that one was totaled. Everyone keeps telling me to quit buying cars :lol:

my 09 was hit 3 times in the first 3 months. 1st time was completely stationary at a light and hit by old lady, second parked at post office by a 17 year old kid within 1 week from last one, 3rd backing out of spot lady hit me again (i was already out of my spot and switching to 1st.).

my 09 was hit 3 times in the first 3 months. 1st time was completely stationary at a light and hit by old lady, second parked at post office by a 17 year old kid within 1 week from last one, 3rd backing out of spot lady hit me again (i was already out of my spot and switching to 1st.).

Oh man, talk about some bad luck! All different spots? And I agree with you about the GT-R, I had that dual clutch auto tranny in my Evo X and those shifts are instant, no manual can shift the way that dual clutch tranny can. I believe shifts are made in under .1 secs possibly even .05 secs but don't quote me on that.

Oh man, talk about some bad luck! All different spots? And I agree with you about the GT-R, I had that dual clutch auto tranny in my Evo X and those shifts are instant, no manual can shift the way that dual clutch tranny can. I believe shifts are made in under .1 secs possibly even .05 secs but don't quote me on that.

1st hit was in the opposite end of the state, the other 2 within 3 miles of home.

Archived