LegacyGT.com

Crazy's 05 Legacy GT Build

crazymonk8-8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha thanks! Some more pics from this weekend at BNW

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af265/crazymonk88/1082258_3282909649112_333334910_o_zps6627a985.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af265/crazymonk88/1000868_10151486908576090_1872007430_n_zps8582f19f.jpg

I did not run in the Legacy class. Chris's spec B is too perfect for me to run against. I did get first in best stanced Subaru though. Pretty excited about that!

Congrats again on best stance! Maybe someday you won't be such a hater towards my car and we can do a photoshoot! ;):lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well guys I decided to take a little road trip down to Cali with my girl. I drove a total of 2,361 miles with her and didn't have a single issue. I have a total of about 4k miles on the new motor now and she seems to be holding up pretty good. With that being said I did crack my windshield on the way down to Subiefest:mad:

But so far the build has been coming along good. With the show season over and winter creeping up on us expect some major changes! I won 3 awards this year and that was fun. But time for change. I NEED SOME OPINIONS THOUGH!

Option 1: Go Race

Change Turbo setup Rotated or Front Mount Turbo Setup

Change Suspension to Coilover with Cups

Do major suspenion work for race season

Option 2: Go Full Show

Change Turbo Setup

Paint Match Fender Flares

Do more exterior mods (Make her pretty)

Powdercoat everything and its mom underneath the hood.

Change interior around

I am really on the fence as to what route I want to go. Throw some ideas out to me. I would really appreciate it.

I say go race. Between the flares, lip, hood/trunk, grille, etc., I think this car is about as show-worthy as any. Even with slightly higher coilover suspension, it would still look badass. Also, the race modifications provide increased functionality, whereas the showy ones don't.

Honestly, dding additional aesthetic bits seems like a bit of a pointless exercise at this point... I don't think anyone else is looking at that car and saying "wow, I really think it would look better if...". Haha

I don't remember who said this first, but its some of the best advice I've heard about fixing up a car: you can always show a race car, but you can't always race a show car.

This is very clever. It looks like a decision has been made. Time to start looking at building this beast.

Glad I could help. Sad to see the bags go though. Not gonna lie, I'm leaning toward bags on my car after seeing the success on yours. I just wish I could find a smaller bag to put on top of the coilovers, kinda like KW's hydraulic lift system. I'm not gonna drop $5k+ on it though :lol:

Archived