LegacyGT.com

Weird News

NSFW

There was another issue concerning personalized plates in Nova Scotia a while back....after Trump made is famous statement about "Grab Her" by the p****y. There is a guy in NS whose surname is GRABBER....he was barred from renewing his plate because of Trump's remark.

????

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mark was tweaking when he forged his own death certificate. Meth gave him diamantaire focus and huge confidence. The drug was like a cheering section in his veins, telling him he was a genius, they’d never catch him. This was late in October 2003, at his desk in the apartment on Willoughby Avenue in West Hollywood.

Mark based the forgery, as usual, on his brother Luke’s death certificate, now more than ten years old. Using Photoshop, he altered names, dates, vital statistics. (Such a boon, Photoshop. For his first forgery, he’d had to use scissors and adhesive.) He imported the public health director’s signature straight into the file. The final flourish was the embossed seal he’d bought off the shelf at Office Depot.

https://www.gq.com/story/the-man-who-wouldnt-die?utm_source=pocket-newtab

453747.png

• 1 month later...
In 1938, a New York cigar shop owner went to the bank to cash his daily profits.

As the teller sifted through the haul, she spotted an unusual $1 bill. It felt like cheap paper in her hands, the lettering was askew, and George Washington looked more like an animated corpse than a noble head of state. It was, no doubt, the worst counterfeit she’d seen in all her years.

The bill was sent to the United States Secret Service. Soon, thousands more just like it came pouring in, each more abysmal than the last.

https://thehustle.co/worst-counterfeiter-in-history-mr-880/

453747.png

• 1 month later...
US Dept. of Transportation Rules Airlines Must Allow Miniature Horses to Fly as Service Animals

For all its indignities, air travel is also surprisingly democratic—people of all stripes and shades crammed together into a small metal tube and lofted into the sky. Some of them have service animals, some of which are a hair more exotic than a vested dog. This has caused some spirited debates. But on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Transportation issued its final guidance on the subject and added miniature horses to the list of service animals that can fly in any cabin.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29332/us-dept-of-transportation-rules-airlines-must-allow-miniature-horses-as-service-animals

453747.png

Everyone hates parking tickets. Not everyone, however, is an information security researcher with a mischievous side and a freshly minted vanity license plate reading "NULL."

That would be Droogie (his handle, if that's not obvious), a presenter at this year's DEF CON hacking conference in Las Vegas and man with a very specific problem: He's on the receiving end of thousands of dollars worth of tickets that aren't his. But don't tell that to the DMV.

It wasn't, of course, supposed to end up this way. In fact, exactly the opposite. Droogie registered a vanity California license plate consisting solely of the word "NULL" — which in programming is a term for no specific value — for fun. And, he admitted to laughs, on the off chance it would confuse automatic license plate readers and the DMV's ticketing system.

https://mashable.com/article/dmv-vanity-license-plate-def-con-backfire/

453747.png

My new book, How To, comes out on September 3rd (preorder: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, IndieBound, and Apple Books).

One of the most exciting things about writing How To was that, for a few chapters, I was able to reach out to some extremely cool people who were willing to apply their unique expertise to ridiculous tasks. Among those who generously agreed to help was Serena Williams.

Here’s a portion of the chapter “How to Catch a Drone”, in which Serena helped test whether tennis serves could be an effective countermeasure against flying robots … by taking a drone out onto a court and hitting tennis balls at it until it crashed.

https://blog.xkcd.com/2019/08/16/serena-versus-the-drones/

453747.png

• 4 months later...

BRAMPTON, Ont. — Police west of Toronto say they’ve arrested a 20-year-old man after he allegedly tried to steal a puppy and then accidentally shot himself in the leg.

Peel Regional Police say the incident happened Friday night in Brampton, Ont., after the suspect responded to an online ad for a nine-week-old pure bred American Bulldog.

They say the suspect pointed a gun at the seller and refused to pay before fleeing with the puppy.

Investigators say the suspect accidentally shot himself in the leg while running away and fell to the ground

Police say they found the suspect and charged him with robbery and firearm related offences after the seller contacted police.

They say the puppy, named Tarzan, has been returned to its owner.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Man allegedly breaks into West Virginia deputy’s home, met by police K-9s

Encounters three German shepherds, including two K-9s

MASON COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) - A man from Point Pleasant is facing charges after going past several “beware of dog” signs and allegedly breaking into a Mason County Sheriff’s deputy’s home Thursday night.

“(There is) a ‘no trespassing’ sign directly on the gate that he had to open (to get on the property) and there’s also a ‘dog on premise’ sign on the same gate right beside of the ‘no trespassing’ sign,” said Mason County Deputy Jeremy Ferrell, who owns the home.

Aside from those two signs, Deputy Ferrell also has other signs like: “beware of dog” posted on his property along with his K-9 police cruiser that sits beside of his home.

“My cruiser is out beside the house, I have dog signs everywhere, I have two German shepherd statues in front of the house, so it’s obvious there’s big dogs that live here.”

Point Pleasant Police said the suspect is James Will III, who they say is a familiar face to law enforcement.

Deputy Ferrell said after Will came through his back gate, he entered into his basement while the family was home. Ferrell said he heard a noise and went downstairs to check it out.

“I came downstairs, looked to the left (and) saw some person I never seen before in my life, in my basement.”

Deputy Ferrell said at that point, he and Will got into a small fight. It was during that struggle that his current K-9 with the Mason County Sheriff’s Office, a retired K-9 and another German shepherd bit the suspect.

• 2 months later...
That particular line will NEVER be out of date as, once again, and forever, is proven in Nil's last post.

These kind of stories always remind me of that movie where the little kid tells Bruce Willis... "I see dead people everywhere...they just don't know they are dead"

There is a little sound byte that you can get in your computer that says...

"I see morons everywhere...they just don't know they are morons"

;)

These kind of stories always remind me of that movie where the little kid tells Bruce Willis... "I see dead people everywhere...they just don't know they are dead"

;)

6th sense.

453747.png

;)

In a whispery voice:

"I see stupid people"

• 2 weeks later...