LegacyGT.com

Dash Melt Down

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine finally started to get more sticky the week of the 31st. So I took it in and they approved me for a new dash. They said it would probably be 2-3 months before it would come in. Not even a week later I got a call saying the dash has arrived. I'm supposed to take it this Thursday to have it done. Should I be worried that it took 2-3 days instead of months?!

Also, my A/C and whatever all it is under the dash always makes the gurgling and all the crazy noises. Is this something that I should get fixed when doing the dash?

I just found out recently that my mother in laws '07 has this issue as well. I maintain and clean the car but I had never see it do this. I did however notice that it held hair very easily. I mentioned this post and she said her car does that, like it was no big deal. Her boyfriend said he likes it because it holds his phone in place. Anyhow I'm hoping Maybe Subaru will still replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a perfect dash after the dealer replaced it?

Are there any other dealers in your area other than the one you went to for your dash replacement? Maybe go to another dealer, talk to the service writers, maybe see if you can have a tech quickly look at it and say if it's normal or not.

Even at the dealership you went to, maybe go back and ask them there if it's normal or not, or see if the tech can maybe explain why it looks that way.

I know dealers might not cooperate and answer your questions, but it's worth a try..

Yes and it looks great.

Ok so my service writer says mine is acceptable I tell him no it's not. Should I contact soa? So yours is completely smooth over the passengers side airbag? Can you post a picture or two? Sorry I can't believe I'm having this issue.

Thanks mike

Yes you should contact SOA. Yes, it's perfectly smooth all over. I can't figure out why you come here looking for advice but don't take the advice given. I'm not trying to help by lying like there's some master plan and everyone is out to get you. I can't remember how to post pics but I can text you some tomorrow if you want. PM your number I'll send them. My dealer told me today I needed my timing belt replaced. Guess what, I did it last year about 15k miles ago. I ripped the service advisor a new asshole while in my work attire (I'm an auto tech) and he looked at me like I had 2 heads. He then went on to brush it off like OK here is your key, have a nice day. You are getting the run around from the dealer, no doubt about it. Stop by another dealer in your area or contact SOA and let them handle it, which is the only way it sounds like it will get resolved.

A friend of mine is a service writer at a dealer. He said they had issues with the dash boards that were produced earlier on in this process. I am scheduled for dash and air bag replacement in a few weeks.

Let me know if your dash is wavy or smooth like the stock one please. Over the passengers side airbag.

When you say smooth or wavy, what do you mean exactly? I got mine back today. I'm about to post some pics of something else I noticed when I got the car back...

So here's what I noticed after I got my car back from the dash replacement...

Someone obviously ran the front of my car over a curb or something. Yes, it had some from before, but the circled areas are all new..

34030797742_6d53e62051_c.jpgLower Front Bumper Cover by kornfan891, on Flickr

34057146701_8d95d952bf_c.jpgPassenger Side by kornfan891, on Flickr

33345695474_6012c8b087_c.jpgDrivers Side by kornfan891, on Flickr

33377144133_f78160e8c5_c.jpgBumper Above by kornfan891, on Flickr

34188050215_47b619611b_c.jpgBumper Above 1 by kornfan891, on Flickr

My carpet was also like this...

33345696194_784c2452b2_c.jpgCarpet by kornfan891, on Flickr

34188049415_926bcfc134_c.jpgCarpet 1 by kornfan891, on Flickr

And the drivers door panel...

34188048165_12a8a55d88_c.jpgDrivers Door Panel by kornfan891, on Flickr

I know I obviously need to say something. What seems fair in this situation?

Oh yea, my dash. Yes, my windshield is terrible.

33345694774_e38fe278dd_c.jpgDash by kornfan891, on Flickr

34030798922_9ce81f1702_c.jpgDash 1 by kornfan891, on Flickr

At least you dash looks good. The rest of the stuff they need to own up too.That is a lot of damage on the front bumper cover. I went back to my dealer yesterday and we opened a superseded part number dash that they ordered for another 2008 Legacy and it looked perfect. So they ordered me my second replacement dash pad. Hopefully with no waves like yours.

At least you dash looks good. The rest of the stuff they need to own up too.That is a lot of damage on the front bumper cover. I went back to my dealer yesterday and we opened a superseded part number dash that they ordered for another 2008 Legacy and it looked perfect. So they ordered me my second replacement dash pad. Hopefully with no waves like yours.

Did they finally own up to it being defective? I'm glad to hear they are going to make things right.