LegacyGT.com

mods for the poor 2.5i???

I was wondering what mods anybody has found for the lowly 2.5i engine?? I am in the process of building a 3.0R twin turbo for my car but its not going to be finished til atleast christmas and I'd like to put more miles on this engine before I go ahead and void the warranty with an insane swap.

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

pulleys and an exhaust are about all you can do. Thats what I've got lined up. My pulleys are at my door as I type, and my exhaust will be in as soon as I can find a decent shop. You might want to go the handling route to make your car more enjoyable. That's probably the way I'll go...

if you are looking for a decent shop in houston, I use ASAA Racing on Longpoint rd. they have done everything on my past two cars and they are the absolute best at getting what you need fast and installing it. just go down there and ask for Han or Jay and tell them mike with the legacy sent you and they'll know

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

no not power, I thought he said mods? That could be anything, right?

sure, but why do it if it doesn't do anything. I can put stickers on my car...doesn't mean it's a 'mod'.

if you are looking for a decent shop in houston, I use ASAA Racing on Longpoint rd. they have done everything on my past two cars and they are the absolute best at getting what you need fast and installing it. just go down there and ask for Han or Jay and tell them mike with the legacy sent you and they'll know

Hey thanks for the recommendation. I'll check them out when I'm ready to get my work done. What have you gotten done there before?

Hey, just noticed you're from Calgary. Do you guys carry the Cobb AccessPort? I'm thinking about one really soon.

FYI: For you N/A guys; we'll be releasing our new 4-2-1 equal-length header, hi-flow cat section and cat-back shortly :)

• 2 weeks later...

These guys have a nice stainless header and thanks to me and a lot of my patience they will have a hi-flow cat as well. My car has been the clinical experiment and it looks like the results will be good. I will let you know in a few weeks.........if you are interested talk to Sam and tell him John with the 05 NA Legacy Wagon sent you......the Hi-Flow cat is made by Random by the way. I would have had it all installed but being the first one, Random did not quite make it right....when all is said and done I am hoping for an additional 20hp from the header and cat. There are currently no cat back systems for our 2.5i but Stromung is suppose to be working on one. (There is not much different in design from the GT with exception of the pipe diameters. 2.25" for the 2.5i and 2.5" for the GT so hopefully it wont take long......) With a few other mods you can look foward to a near 200 hp car with greater reliability than a turbo car........If you decide to go with these guys make sure my car is finished first. You want life to be easy and get stuff sent to you that will bolt right on or at least be close to an easy install. I live 2 hours away from them so I am having them use my car as an experiment......http://www.xcceleration.com/index.htm

Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

lighter pulley means the motor has to do less work. This is how it was explained to me:

Take a bucket of rocks and try to swing them around in a circle....heavy right? Not take the rocks out and swing the bucket around....now it is easier.

Not really sure what it does for the engine, but dyno testing should so many like 1 or 2 whp added. Nothing big like out of a header or exhaust.

If a grounding kit added power, don't you think the engineers at Subaru would have done it? What's the downside to more power from larger ground cables?

I'll have to dig up the article but I saw at least one test where adding a grounding kit to a Volvo 850 Turbo added something like 8 whp and improved overall engine performance.

The only downside to grounding cables are cost I suppose.

I'll have to dig up the article but I saw at least one test where adding a grounding kit to a Volvo 850 Turbo added something like 8 whp and improved overall engine performance.

The only downside to grounding cables are cost I suppose.

Well, it's best to use something around 10 gauge to 6 gauge cable, but afterall, the price to gain 8 whp to 10 whp @ $100 on just wires is better than spending $400 to $500 on an exhuast addition for the same gain.

Keefe

Archived