LegacyGT.com

Did anyone change the rear lower control arm after lowering?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I have found, the Cusco LCA for the BRZ looks the same as the one for the WRX/STI which should fit on our 5th gens. Can some one confirm the part numbers to see if they match?

Also, it looks like some stuff from the BRZ can fit on the 5th gen rear suspension,

From what I have found, the Cusco LCA for the BRZ looks the same as the one for the WRX/STI which should fit on our 5th gens. Can some one confirm the part numbers to see if they match?

Also, it looks like some stuff from the BRZ can fit on the 5th gen rear suspension,

Yup, they shared the same LCA. The Cusco part number is 692-474-L which is listed as compatible with GRB, GVB, BR9, BM9 and BRZ.

• 2 months later...
RCE blacks and NO changes needed to compensate for lowering. Not even shims for camber adjustment. Rear is at -1.5 front is at -0.5. Will adjust camber with shims once springs settle.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

RCE blacks and NO changes needed to compensate for lowering. Not even shims for camber adjustment. Rear is at -1.5 front is at -0.5. Will adjust camber with shims once springs settle.

Uhhhhhh...where are you gonna put these shims you speak of? Front camber can be adjusted using the concentric bolt in the front and there is no adjustment OEM for the rear.

Can anyone confirm that the gtspec LCAs don't do any damage to the BC coils???

I'm gonna need these soon... Just trying to figure out which LCA to buy...

Ritchie, could you post the picture of your rear BC coils? I would be able to tell if I sees them. Actually most of the pictures posted in the online shops for the GTSPEC rear LCA uses BC coils. And also take note that your car will be lowered by additional 30mm when you install GTSPEC. So make sure your coils should be able to accommodate this and can handle to increase the height without affecting your pre-load, this is assuming your car is already lowered enough before you installed the GTSPEC LCA.

Btw, I have heard GTSPEC have new version of the LCA, assuming you decided to get this, make sure you ask if the new version is already available. I have seen some pictures of this installed in BRZ and from the looks of it, it seems it will not lower the car like the old version.

Uhhhhhh...where are you gonna put these shims you speak of? Front camber can be adjusted using the concentric bolt in the front and there is no adjustment OEM for the rear.
^This^.

Once my RCEs settled and I was swapping in new tires, I had a local tire/wheel shop install a camber (bolt) kit in the back.

Something very similar to this:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA414

and use the concentrics up front to tweak camber settings.

The rear camber adjustment did WONDERS on my Legacy, completely eliminating the shimmy I had for the last 20K

and SoA couldn't fully resolve with all of their TSBs.

There is also this Whiteline kit that a few members on here rave about:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA313

Sure it might not be needed (like the control arms) with a drop as conservative as RCEs, but I don't see how it could hurt :)

Speaking of Whiteline - I just noticed these new rear sway end links! I like the comfort design:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC182

And this older kit to help with caster adjustment:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA406

I am familiar with the Whiteline products with concentric hard bushing for the rear upper control arm. It allows .75 degrees of correction. But nothing on the market uses shims? I was also assuming that Fred wasn't going to be changing out bushings.

I am familiar with the Whiteline products with concentric hard bushing for the rear upper control arm. It allows .75 degrees of correction. But nothing on the market uses shims? I was also assuming that Fred wasn't going to be changing out bushings.

I think you're referring to the Whiteline KCA326.

The shop said they could shim the rear to adjust camber a bit. I didn't dig any deeper to know if it was possible or not. I will be back in a few weeks to do another alignment, and we'll find out then.

Maybe I will have to get the whiteline kit? We shall see.

Cheers!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 1 month later...

Update....

YES, I have to go with the cusco set because the right rear is at -2.0!!!!!!!!!!!

Already ordered it.

Just installed my LCAs with my BCs. They fit fine, no issues what so ever. Shes currently on the rack getting aligned. I hope I don't have to get the adjustable toe control arms...

Did you get the GTSPEC or CUSCO?

• 4 months later...
I was on RCE springs and has -2.0 on RR and -1.4 on RL. I went with Cusco adjustable LCA after I saw a picture of ScoobyGT with a set.

Just saw this link. I think this is the new design for the GTSPEC rear LCA would look like.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2398088

I just sent SPC an email to see if this fits the 5th gen Legacy. It seems we share the same LCA with wrx/sti/forester and brz so hopefully it does.

No way i'm installing the Whiteline camber kit. Its been hard enough to press out some other bushings and trying to find an alignment tech to want to adjust them is gonna be a pain.

I've got RCE blacks and Bilsteins setup, I'm interested in getting LCA to fix the rear camber issue. So far I've found two part numbers:

Cusco 692 474L

GtSpec GTS-SUS-1376

Any other parts I should look at(links would be great)?

Thanks in advance

Archived