LegacyGT.com

Did anyone change the rear lower control arm after lowering?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait so let me get this straight... these rear camber adjustable lower control arms for 08+ WRX and STI fits our car? Gborja888 can you confirm this and post alignment data? My rear is pretty bad and I need this before getting coilovers, cuz I might drop another half inch or so. Thx!!

Yup, this will definitely fit our car. I've checked the part number for Cusco and the summit racing/gtspec, they have the same part number. There's one seller in ebay selling the lower control arm that says it will fit WRX/STI 2008+ and our car. Even the rear adjustable toe control arm, it says it's for impreza GR/Legacy BR. So I'm pretty sure they share the same rear lower control as well. My rear lower control arm still haven't arrived yet, I will let you know how the installation and alignment goes.

http://borjaphoto.com/temp/rear%20toe%20control%20arm.jpg

Yep, our rear suspension is the same XD. It's the front suspension that's different.

The arms are GREAT for those who just want both sides to be even like me lol.

My alignment achieved 0 toe all around and I have -1.7F/-2.1R. It's so nice having adjustable camber since I just raised the car back up. Normally I'd probably be getting around -1.6-7.

I've just got my rear summit racing/gtspec adjustable toe control arm today. I was amazed with its quality, the body is made of aluminum. Still waiting for my rear adjustable lower control arm..

http://borjaphoto.com/temp/rear%20toe%20control%20arm%20pic.jpg

Yep, our rear suspension is the same XD. It's the front suspension that's different.

The arms are GREAT for those who just want both sides to be even like me lol.

My alignment achieved 0 toe all around and I have -1.7F/-2.1R. It's so nice having adjustable camber since I just raised the car back up. Normally I'd probably be getting around -1.6-7.

It's nice to hear that. Didn't you have issue with the toe when adjusting the camber?

This is a much better solution than that Whiteline bushing kit. Heard it's a pain in the ass to install with limited adjustments.

I actually had the WL rear camber kit I've bought in US, but also think it can't fix the extreme camber issues caused by lowering the car.

Finally got my new Summit racing/GTSPEC rear LCA and went to install this together with the rear adjustable toe and WL roll center kit in a repair shop here yesterday.

363389911_WLrollcenterpic.thumb.jpg.356b18286ff0dc94585f2263b3c77af6.jpg

2101197317_rearLCAinstallpic1.thumb.jpg.9a0fd125739c52a6e7de966684af1a89.jpg

The installation took about 2 hours 30 minutes to complete. We have visually adjusted the rear suspension before I went to another shop for the wheel alignment. The rear lower and toe adjustable control arms work great in tandem. They've adjusted first the wheel toe-in/toe-out and then the camber using the rear adjustable toe and rear adjustable LCA respectively. Even before the adjustment, the initial camber settings was already pretty good, -0.94 and -1.24 degrees for left and right wheel. These were easily adjusted and achieved the OEM specs.

Here's how the rear wheel looks like after the wheel alignment:

1276697830_rearLCAinstallpic2.thumb.jpg.74d3de4d3721cfc5f1e781716636619b.jpg

However, I've just discovered on my way home that my rear tire rubs when going thru the speed bumps. I can see some scratches so I think maybe this was because of the my rear suspension became slightly lower due to installation of the new rear adjustable LCA and also maybe due to the fixing of the negative camber issues, the gap between the fender and the tire became much closer than before. I don't know why I didn't noticed this after the installation yesterday, maybe due to the excitement.

1618215624_rearLCAinstallpic4.thumb.jpg.701c47b9d1eaafcfc8cb8bce252af938.jpg

Tomorrow, I will have to go the shop again to adjust/raise slightly my rear suspension and redo the alignment again. :mad:

How much camber did you adjust it to for your alignment? -1 or -1.5 would be totally acceptable and might improve the handling. It may also solve your problem without raising the car to fix it.

We were able to adjust it to something like 0.02 and 0.04 much like the front.

Gborja888,

So you gotta have rear LCA and rear adjustable toe to bring your car back to spec ? Did they make alot of adjustments on the toe? The alignment shop told me all I needed was the adjustable lower control arm.

Actually, I can't really answer that question, as I've changed both control arms together at the same time and had to adjust both to achieved the OEM specs. But based on the experienced of Xero, he was able to adjust his camber and toe to zero just by adjusting the LCA.

Archived