LegacyGT.com

Did anyone change the rear lower control arm after lowering?

Actually, I can't really answer that question, as I've changed both control arms together at the same time and had to adjust both to achieved the OEM specs. But based on the experienced of Xero, he was able to adjust his camber and toe to zero just by adjusting the LCA.

The toe was always adjustable, it was just the camber that was not. Thx man, looks like I'll be getting a pair of the rear LCA soon. Do they come in orange or silver? :confused:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The toe was always adjustable, it was just the camber that was not. Thx man, looks like I'll be getting a pair of the rear LCA soon. Do they come in orange or silver? :confused:

You are right man, the OEM rear toe is actually adjustable, I didn't knew that until they've removed the bolt.

Which brand do you plan to get? The GTSPEC is silver gray I think? DME in red and Cusco in blue.

Btw, the gtspec rear lower control arm has a slightly angled as compared with the others liked Cusco, hence after the install, the car will be lowered immediately by about 30mm. This means that this reduces the highest height of your coilover also by 30mm. Luckily, I still have enough height adjustment settings to fix my tire rubbing issue, but only probably 5mm left. So if you still don't have your coilover, I suggest getting other brand, you might experienced tire rubbing after the installation and won't have option to adjust your height. Not unless of course if your car is still at stock height.

I didn't know the oem rear toe was adjustable until now :). I ordered the gtspec LCA and should be delivered by this weekend... can't wait to put them on and get the alignment again. Thanks guys

Great man! Let us know how it goes. Btw, you already have coilovers?

^You'll be ecstatic. That's what I have now!

My setup for suspension is:

BC BR w/swifts 8k/8k

Perrin Sways 22F/25R

Perrin Endlinks F/R

Whiteline Swaybar Bracket Braces

GTSPEC Ladder Brace (Front Subframe brace)

GTSPEC Fender Braces

Agency Power Rear Adjustable Control Arms

Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings

Cusco Steering Rack Brace

I'd still recommend the AP over the GTSPEC for build quality reasons. The AP arms will also be stiffer due to much less flex.

If anyone has questions, ask away.

^You'll be ecstatic. That's what I have now!

My setup for suspension is:

BC BR w/swifts 8k/8k

Perrin Sways 22F/25R

Perrin Endlinks F/R

Whiteline Swaybar Bracket Braces

GTSPEC Ladder Brace (Front Subframe brace)

GTSPEC Fender Braces

Agency Power Rear Adjustable Control Arms

Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings

Cusco Steering Rack Brace

I'd still recommend the AP over the GTSPEC for build quality reasons. The AP arms will also be stiffer due to much less flex.

If anyone has questions, ask away.

Great setup Xero! But remember the legy had the L-bracket and AP doesn't support this, hence the most logical choice is still the GTSPEC. But if AP supported this, that's another story and I will definitely think twice about this due to its better build quality.

Actually, the GTSPEC for me is already quite stiff IMO. I could definitely feel the difference as compared with the OEM. I had to slightly adjust and soften my coilover settings.

I also need BBK for my new rim. I already have some candidate, what do you think of 14 inch rotor brakes with 6 piston caliper for all wheels? That's what one of the performance shop suggested me. But if I go for this, definitely I wont be able to use my old 17 inch rim.

Are you sure about this? So this means if you install this LCA with the stock suspension, the car would be 30mm lower without other parts needed? I wonder why GTSpec says this setup is not recommended for stock suspension.

Btw, the gtspec rear lower control arm has a slightly angled as compared with the others liked Cusco, hence after the install, the car will be lowered immediately by about 30mm. This means that this reduces the highest height of your coilover also by 30mm. Luckily, I still have enough height adjustment settings to fix my tire rubbing issue, but only probably 5mm left. So if you still don't have your coilover, I suggest getting other brand, you might experienced tire rubbing after the installation and won't have option to adjust your height. Not unless of course if your car is still at stock height.

Are you sure about this? So this means if you install this LCA with the stock suspension, the car would be 30mm lower without other parts needed? I wonder why GTSpec says this setup is not recommended for stock suspension.

Yup, I'm pretty sure about that. You can see how much angled the gtspec had as compared with the Cusco one which is much similar to OEM in angle. Top image is the gtspec and below is the cusco rear lower control arm.

combine.jpg.c3da4b869f3d922be2dc3fa86daba200.jpg

Cusco compared with OEM:

393662794_cuscolca.jpg.a258f3b45e09195079d77e333cdbbc44.jpg

I should have taken a picture of my gtspec as compared with OEM.

Yup, I did. Actually I didn't really noticed it at first that it had became lower, only when I've done the wheel alignment and then passed thru speed bumps that I've realized it. Had to adjust the height and redo the alignment again. :-( That's why I've to warn others about this. I've posted this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/did-anyone-change-rear-lower-control-arm-after-loweringi-195566p5.html

• 3 weeks later...

For those who had plan to buy the gtspec rear LCA, I want to warn you that due to its slightly curve design, recently I have just found out that the gtspec LCA had been hitting/damaging my coilover when going thru speed bumps with lots of people on-board the car.

http://borjaphoto.com/temp/rear%20LCA%20issue%20pic.jpg

I think one of the reason being my TEIN coilover rear lower mount is much thicker than others. I think BC coilover won't have this issue. Had reported this issue to GTSPEC and they said they have a new design coming out soon but still under testing stage. Since they can't provide a solution to resolve this issue asap, I have got a refund and had no choice but to change to Cusco rear LCA.

Just to warn others that the GTSPEC rear LCA is not for all cars, it will depend on what type of coilover you have. If you have taller and thinner lower mount then you should be fine.

Archived