LegacyGT.com

how to reduce catless smell?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the stock DP and stock midpipe with resonator, you can remove the mufflers and have the rumble back.

My 09 Spec B has had the mufflers removed for 18 month's now. Sounds great.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

sounds obnoxious. catless dp and stock cbe it sounds like an impala ss and i lik eit

I found my wagon which is catless, was to loud with just the stock midpipe and no mufflers. That's why I put the muffler deletes on the Spec. I put the stock mufflers back on the wagon with two washers between the flanges.

But the rush of air at full boost is getting annoying. I'll have two MagnaFlow knock off's put on after I do the Koni's and Epic springs.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

either way a bit terryfing the exhaust vents suck exhaust into the car..lol. catted or not i dont want to breathe that shitttt

what is the best thing to cover those with? i dont want to just seal them butr maybe muffle like 95%

either way a bit terryfing the exhaust vents suck exhaust into the car..lol. catted or not i dont want to breathe that shitttt

what is the best thing to cover those with? i dont want to just seal them butr maybe muffle like 95%

The guy with a catless exhaust complaining about the air quality outside the vehicle?

:spin:

says the guy with the catted dp whose still breathing CO

The vents are not giving you any different air quality than everyone outside your car is getting. Your exhaust isn't venting into the car, your exhaust exits behind the vents. You are getting the same post-diffused air that everyone else does.

Street cars should have cats. Period.

Just picked up a low mileage 01 Cobra Convertible w/ new motor, supercharger, and 422rwhp for Sunday drives.

Car passed PA emissions w/ no problems catless. First mod to car, cats per wife's request (high performance spun metallic of course). I think that brings me down to 420rwhp.

Now to find a smaller pulley.

Exactly. HF cats make as little as no difference in power.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

get a catted CNT or go back to stock and stage 1 ??

i got this car as stage 2 and i feel its a bit much for a daily driver to work. what are some differences i will notice if i go to stage 1? throttle response slower? mpg better??

i have a stock dp and AP v2 to go stage 1... i would have to spend $360 to get the cnt dp and then $100 for install (no time or interest in attempting this myself)

You can only be stage 1 with a stock downpipe.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

get a catted CNT or go back to stock and stage 1 ??

i got this car as stage 2 and i feel its a bit much for a daily driver to work. what are some differences i will notice if i go to stage 1? throttle response slower? mpg better??

i have a stock dp and AP v2 to go stage 1... i would have to spend $360 to get the cnt dp and then $100 for install (no time or interest in attempting this myself)

Get the cat I linked way back. The one that CNT throws in is crap. I'm contemplating running stock setup for a bit while I get a friend to weld in that GESi unit

The cat in the CNT downpipe seems like it doesnt do anything. Everytime I step on the pedal, I bask in the ambience. Its like a rich cologne haha. Regardless, its a pipe. I dont want to spend money to mess with it. When the windows are up, its fine (for me).

That should be fine, I'm sure it will flow well and not take away to much HP.

OH, BTW, if you think your going to get better MPG, not going to happen going back to stock.

My 98GT wagon, my 00GT wagon, my 05GT wagon all got between 22-24mpg overall. My 05 GT wagon with 280whp is currently showing 24.3MPG on the dash readout.

The cat in the CNT downpipe seems like it doesnt do anything. Everytime I step on the pedal, I bask in the ambience. Its like a rich cologne haha. Regardless, its a pipe. I dont want to spend money to mess with it. When the windows are up, its fine (for me).

Exactly what I'm talking about :lol:

I don't like polluting, but I also don't like giving up stage 2/3 options.

Archived