LegacyGT.com

how to reduce catless smell?

I don't think you have a dp issue it might be a fueling issue, so go and get a tune and everything will/should be fine

Or if you want you can go e85, running on corn so there shouldn't be any more smell

Check the cabin filter, maybe its dirty and that could be the smell

Go get a tune 1st and if it still smell's then maybe go catted/back to stock or whatever you choose

Don't go catted and then come back saying it still smell's without getting a tune

Tune 1st, the rest after what happens

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Install stock downpipe. Flash OTS Stage 1 tune on your AP. Call it good.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

dont need to save up... if i keep stage 2 ill just weld in a magnaflow

i think stage 1 will be nicer to the car long term but im also scared putting the stock downpipe on because it could fall apart into the turbo lol

you're not gonna be happy going back to stg 1 unless you get a really good custom tune...even then idk

can you ellaborate on what i will be disappointed with? how does 1st gear behave with stage 1? i would mind a little less pep, how about top end?

im also scared putting the stock downpipe on because it could fall apart into the turbo lol

The downpipe is post-turbo. It's also not going to fall apart.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated Too

i think stage 1 will be nicer to the car long term but im also scared putting the stock downpipe on because it could fall apart into the turbo lol

You need to read more and post less.

can you ellaborate on what i will be disappointed with? how does 1st gear behave with stage 1? i would mind a little less pep, how about top end?

See last comment.

ive read the cat on the stock pipe falls apart and takes the turbo with it

That's the uppipe, not the downpipe.

I think it's best you put the car back to stock, and leave any maintenance and such to professionals.

ah maybe it was upipe i read. anyway i bought a high flow spun metallic cat (300 holes or whatver) online so im just gonna get that in and have it tuned

Even having one Cat you will get a smell, just not as bad. I have a smell with just one Cat on the CNT dp, none in the up and no resegnator on the SPT CBE.

its not terrible now but i know the gf wouldnt like it. any way a cat will help. it sounds like your might not be working as well as it should

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived