LegacyGT.com

Ever seen a LGT with 11:1 comp ratio? stay tuned...

I've looked at this link a few times but didnt click on it, glad I did now. subscribed for an interesting setup.

A guy I know is building a 2.0-2.5 hybrid 10-1 comp on e85 at altitude for his wrx as well. He's planning on running a 20g, should be fun

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was he high?

naw... just caught him at the right time. he was marrying his lover in austrailia but because of the nature of the relationship(dual citizenship) he had to pay the austrailian gov per word/picture of every correspondence between the two parties. it ended up being like 3.5k so that's what he wanted the car for.

of course, being nosey we all want to know how much this cost.

virtually nothing for the block/machinework/install. paid for the turbo, fmic, intake etc etc

You can't "destroke" the engine with pistons and rods. You must have an EJ20 crank in there.

A 35R is going to be too much for that high CR, low displacement, and pump fuel. You'll fight det the whole way. If you use E85 or race fuel, then you might be able to hold onto it and make that turbo rip. If it's a street car, I'd look into the GTX3076.

Hopefully those pins keep the stock sleeves from bursting. I have my doubts, however. Stock sleeves almost invariably fail with 100mm pistons, and the engines become VERY det sensitive with that little sleeve remaining. The closest you can get to a closed deck block in a Subaru, is the OEM closed deck block from the 91-94 Legacy Turbo (EJ22T).

And this all begs the question - What are you doing for transmission? That much power will vaporize the stock 5MT if you drive it like it should be. If you go for 600+, even a stock 6MT will be ill suited for the power (not to mention short-legged in the ratio department). What's your plan?

That's what I thought when the builder was explaining it to me. He was soo excited about the block that I think he just kinda left some details out but he was explaining to me more about the different method of detroking than the traditional methods using different rod length?...i'll be down in the edison/nj area today so I'll get some clarification...

what would you recommend? I do LOVE my 5spds but the added strength a 6spd offers might be my only route right now... ra gear set too close?

I was also thinking about the tranny after he get's the engine to hold itself together.

I hope you have a Great tuuner, You might want to contact Devin Perice at AEM. I see your in central NJ. There are a lot of great tuners there.

Is the car going on Motec ? May be look up Jeff Evans of Evans tuning, or Felix Media off the Honda forums, like Honda-Tech.com I can't remember whats the name of the shop Felix works at.

What my main point is you need a great tuner.

Here, I did some searching for you.

http://www.google.com/search?q=gato+tuning+nj&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=&oe=&safe=active

I know Felix has tuned other cars as well, I know theres a Ford GT40 he has done. At least ask them for help and if they won't touch the car ask them if they know who would.

Mike at AZPinstalls.com may be of some help too.

I'm trying to find a better link to Felix but it's hard here at work...

i'm sticking with dave brown. I trust him and he's a stand up dude. he'll take care of me and the car no doubt. I was originally thinking along the lines you were thinking(HC tuner over subaru tuner) but he's seen a decent combination of both. Broken Motorsports has dealt with MSPT for a long time and I've never heard a single bad thing about dave or MSPT.

RA gear sets are not all that much stronger, that's a common falacy in my opinion, if you want to hold the power either stick with the stock 5 speed and take it easy, or you can go to a straight cut 5 speed 1-4, and a helical 5th, this is a better setup for the track, the 6 speed is fantastic, and i did the swap in my old wrx, but the 1-2 gearing is pretty tall, it holds a ton of power though.

PPG may be a good contact for getting stronger gears for these cars and Geoff at Full Race might be someone with good contacts too. He makes great manifolds.

Geoff is on this forum from time to time too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

naw... just caught him at the right time. he was marrying his lover in austrailia but because of the nature of the relationship(dual citizenship) he had to pay the austrailian gov per word/picture of every correspondence between the two parties. it ended up being like 3.5k so that's what he wanted the car for.

virtually nothing for the block/machinework/install. paid for the turbo, fmic, intake etc etc

That's what I thought when the builder was explaining it to me. He was soo excited about the block that I think he just kinda left some details out but he was explaining to me more about the different method of detroking than the traditional methods using different rod length?...i'll be down in the edison/nj area today so I'll get some clarification...

what would you recommend? I do LOVE my 5spds but the added strength a 6spd offers might be my only route right now... ra gear set too close?

Stroke is only affected by crank throw. Changing the rod length doesn't change displacement volume.

For gears, contact Andrewtech about a PAR set. 240-683-1000

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If you're looking to maximize the area under the curve then you ARE looking for gains, probably through all rpm ranges. If this is the case a 20g twin scroll setup would be awesome, a single scroll turbo will still take a little bit to spool even with higher CR.

If you're looking to maximize the area under the curve then you ARE looking for gains, probably through all rpm ranges. If this is the case a 20g twin scroll setup would be awesome, a single scroll turbo will still take a little bit to spool even with higher CR.

lol i might have worded that wrong... if I put all this money into the car I certainly hope there would be some type of gain! but I meant that this wasn't going to be a high horsepower build that it certainly could be capable of with e85/c16 etc... but that i'd be look for a well rounded, effecient motor that would be fun throughout the powerband that may or maynot blow my trans to bits.

I currently have an EJ25 hybrid with 2.0 heads. Entirely stock internals except for 14:1 forged pistons. Runs on E85 and using an FP green. Car makes roughly 390 WHP and WTQ. Boost comes on at 3000 rpm. Running 21psi. The car is an animal! I don't consider 11:1 to be anything high. I previousle ran 10.5:1 in the same configuration but with an 18G and made similar power but higher boost. In the future I will use better heads and a 30R and see what happens.

jake

I currently have an EJ25 hybrid with 2.0 heads. Entirely stock internals except for 14:1 forged pistons. Runs on E85 and using an FP green. Car makes roughly 390 WHP and WTQ. Boost comes on at 3000 rpm. Running 21psi. The car is an animal! I don't consider 11:1 to be anything high. I previousle ran 10.5:1 in the same configuration but with an 18G and made similar power but higher boost. In the future I will use better heads and a 30R and see what happens.

jake

:needpics:

jake

was this in the gc coupe or the legacy?

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE: ******* sandy... that bitch of a ****

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/314293_10100360369817919_1455574870_n.jpg

parting out car.

Dude, that sucks. Sorry for your luck.

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Archived