LegacyGT.com

Deals on other Sites (5th Gen)

Did you order the transmission mount as well?

I did the Trans mount/trans bushings in the spring, but didn't have the coin to do the shifter at the same time... this (and Extra S fluids) are the last piece of the puzzle (for now ;))!

My STI sts arrived today. Wow. When it comes to parts, I am a true vestal virgin - kind of. I remember the pictures of this device on the web site, and it looked heavy and had all kinds of cables attached to it. This being a cable shifter, I assumed the picture was of what I was purchasing... Seems not to be the case. No cables in the package.

As for heavy, that was not accurate either. The shifter is very light... While seemingly built very well, most of the shifter is made of a hard, durable plastic, with other pieces being silicon plastic. Yep, there is some metal, also... Lots of good white grease, and things work smoothly.

And so the education of old Byll continues. Any explanations or comments will be appreciated.

Best.

Byll

Edited by Byll

My STI sts arrived today. Wow. When it comes to parts, I am a true vestal virgin - kind of. I remember the pictures of this device on the web site, and it looked heavy and had all kinds of cables attached to it. This being a cable shifter, I assumed the picture was of what I was purchasing... Seems not to be the case. No cables in the package.

As for heavy, that was not accurate either. The shifter is very light... While seemingly built very well, most of the shifter is made of a hard, durable plastic, with other pieces being silicon plastic. Yep, there is some metal, also... Lots of good white grease, and things work smoothly.

And so the education of old Byll continues. Any explanations or comments will be appreciated.

Best.

Byll

Did yours come with broken styrofoam bits stuck to all the grease, like mine did?! :lol: I think they maybe should rethink their packing method!

pfoyle: Yup. I figure they place the cardboard with the hole in it to keep the shifter shaft from moving. The styrofoam takes up space so the whole shifter mechanism itself cannot move. If they had cut the hole in the styrofoam with something other than a blunt object, the grease would be styrofoamless... Heh. Heh.

Cheers.

Byll

ordered some rotors & pads and spt parts on 9-2 still says processing as of this morning. dealer is located in branford ct, im from torrington ct ~ a 45 min drive that i could have just picked up my parts. horrible customer service

Perhaps the parts are not in inventory.

I remember the pictures of this device on the web site, and it looked heavy and had all kinds of cables attached to it. This being a cable shifter, I assumed the picture was of what I was purchasing... Seems not to be the case. No cables in the package.

I think you were looking at photos of the non-5th gen shifter. All the catalog photos of our shifter don't have any cables that I've seen. Either way, it doesn't come with new cables, you just re-use the stock ones.

ordered some rotors & pads and spt parts on 9-2 still says processing as of this morning. dealer is located in branford ct, im from torrington ct ~ a 45 min drive that i could have just picked up my parts. horrible customer service

You placed an order on a holiday less than a week ago. Most car parts places aren't like Amazon with a giant warehouse and everything in stock. The more you deal with buying car parts, the more you'll understand that patience is needed. :) A dealership would have the rotors and pads in stock probably (assuming stock), but the SPT stuff is probably special order.

15% off at AutoAnything.com. Use code ESP1319 now thru 9/24/13.

Get those Koni's. That's about $45 off a set of rears or fronts, or double that off all 4.

Koni P/N for 5th Gen

8610-1453Sport

8010-1055Sport

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not on another site, but here's a great deal! Now through Jan 1 2014, Bren (Brentuning) is offering a 20% off discount on all tuning services (dyno tune, road tune, or e-tune)! Anyone looking for an excuse to tune their car, here it is! E-tune is cheapest, and he's very good about getting you maps ASAP (often the same day he gets your latest datalog)... you won't be disappointed! :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/brentuning-holiday-sale-218135.html

• 3 weeks later...

Crawford AOS Group Buy - NASIOC Through Jan 02, 2014

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2576662

May want to consider the universal for the 5th gen.; but it is up to you.

Edited by aerophool

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Crawford AOS Group Buy - NASIOC Through Jan 02, 2014

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2576662

May want to consider the universal for the 5th gen.; but it is up to you.

If you do go for the group buy make sure you tell them it's for a 5th gen legacy even if you get the universal kit. Not that the kit is any different but the more 5th gen owners that buy one the more likely they are to actually make one for the 5th gen.