LegacyGT.com

MY BNR 18G 09 Spec.B

jasejase

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on your flexibility.

Called on monday. got an appntmnt wednesday. I think something opened up that day though. Not sure.

It's always been a week or so out when i call for something.

$125.... i got a hand written 'printout' of the alignment specs.

Why's that? 6mt clutches hold up much better than their 5 speed cousins. Plus, i seldom tear through gears, nor do hard launches.

When i got rid of my old grand am, i had 212k on the original clutch! :)

Thanks. It's great. You need to re-address your old driving habits a bit. However, once you figure out a different band of power vs rpms, its amazing.

If you keep the rpm's up a bit higher from the standard vf40-46, the lag is pretty minimal.

Theres a lot of guys that will tell you an 18G is almost an off beat turbo step... They argue (in summary!!), Either go 16g with no supports, or 20g with the full shebang, however, i truly love the setup. If you want a 0-60 stop light machine, go wtih a full built 16g or vf52.... otherwise, the 18g is a great compromise. If you want huge power - go 20...

18g seems like the best of all worlds. I've played with the thought of a vf52 but i want more top end. the 20g puts great power down on a dyno with support but it likes the higher rpm power range and a bit more lag compared to the 18g. the vf52 is more for of a bottom end turbo just above the vf46.

the vf52 along with the 16g are both great turbos, and offer a heck of a lot more than the oem setup. I wouldn't classify either of them as bottom ends. I have seen a few dynos where both have crested 300whp, and the torque curves were fantastic. It all depends on what you're looking for!

Keep in mind that a big number is just that. You have to think about where you will use the big number. A well done stage 2 may very well irk out a 20g putting down 370whp in a 0-60. For quick acceleration, sprited cornering, and just plain fun under typical daily driving, you could easily argue that a smaller turbo is a better choice. :)

the vf52 along with the 16g are both great turbos, and offer a heck of a lot more than the oem setup. I wouldn't classify either of them as bottom ends. I have seen a few dynos where both have crested 300whp, and the torque curves were fantastic. It all depends on what you're looking for!

Keep in mind that a big number is just that. You have to think about where you will use the big number. A well done stage 2 may very well irk out a 20g putting down 370whp in a 0-60. For quick acceleration, sprited cornering, and just plain fun under typical daily driving, you could easily argue that a smaller turbo is a better choice. :)

right now my numbers with a stock vf46 are 268 whp and 338 wtq. It was tuned at cobb in austin. i do nothing but highway driving to and from work so thats why im more interested in top end speed now. Im sure it wont be hard to learn the new power band with a nice 18g turbo.

Nice car. I have about the same engine mods with the BNR 18 G turbo. I am not sure how much power I am making with an Infamous street tune. Boost maxes at 19.8 at 4100 rpms. It is a huge rush of power when the boost hits hard at 4000 rpms. Do you notice a longer turbo lag than a stage 2 set-up? I am finding it harder to autocross now due to lag.

I do notice more lag... Which was anticipated.

At first, it was a bit interesting, however after a while, i just realized that you have to drive it a bit differently. After that, i was much happier. :) . The car seems to come alive at the 4k mark.

Im not a autox'r, but if i was, i likely would have gone with an smaller turbo (16 or 52).

Dude, I'm staying at the in-laws for the rest of the week and possibly longer depending on when I get power back. So if you see the most awesome Spec.B you've ever laid your eyes on, that's probably not me. :lol:

Seriously though, I'll be in the area.

Archived