LegacyGT.com

MY BNR 18G 09 Spec.B

jasejase

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clutch seems fine. 6mt clutch holds a bit more than the 5 speed. I also don't launch.

Engine seems fine as well. Conservative tune. Lot more room for power per my tuner :)

I'll post up an engine bay pic.

The hood scoop vent (splitter) on the inside of the hood, lines up fairly well with the Perrin Ic. Not perfect, but ok.

Most ppl that run these (from what I've seen), don't bother with the engine covers. In addition, both my tuners advised that it wasn't needed in their opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

jasejase, awesome build!

Are you still on the factory clutch? If so how many miles on the car, and how many since you swapped the turbo?

I'm getting ready to make the departure from stage 2 as soon as I get some free time to turn. My last remaining decision is 18g or 20g? I have enough fuel for both, and primarily like road course/canyon cruising most of the time. I pretty much never launch. Looking back now, are you still happy with the 18g?

Thank you sir.

Still on the factory clutch... About 31k on the car. The turbo was put in about 7500 miles or so ago... (ballpark). The 6mt clutch can hold more power than the 5mt...

Im very happy with the 18g. I can't really imagine having more spool time, and I too don't launch very often.

I think I could have been just as happy with a 16g/vf52... but the extra power is nice once you relearn driving a bit to accommodate for lag and higher rpms

• I Donated Too

Old Spice: Men's deodorant and toiletry line that was very popular, then became a hallmark of old men. More recently became popular again with new product lines and witty commercials

Razor: A designation of sharpness used for 18-22 degree angled edges. Used colloquially to describe handheld blades or shaving equipment.

Your turn. This should be funny

I know the 6mt clutch can hold more, but am surprised it's held nearly 350whp for over 5k. I don't beat on my car too much either so that's good to know.

Is the 347whp on pump gas? You guys have much better gas over there than the junk we get here though.

My goal is to easily surpass 300whp (I'd like 315-20) on a conservative tune on our crap 91, and somewhere north of 370-80whp on e85. I'm probably going to stay tmic for now, and would rather go with an 18g unless I need a 20g to reach my goals.

Yep, that's on 93/pump...

It's all about how you want to use the power... I wouldn't get caught up too much on the number itself. With that in mind, i'd try to stay south of 350ish to save your motor a bit. That's not exactly a magic number, but its a basic indicator of the fact that you may be pushing things too hard! lol

I liked the characteristics of the tmic, so I stuck with that.

• I Donated Too
Jase's numbers are also from a dynopac, YMMV. I would say that an 18G is pushing the threshold of what the 6mt clutch can handle, with a good driver. You won't be launching or flat foot shifting on a 6mt clutch with an 18G

Archived