LegacyGT.com

Finally got Cryotuned, How about you?

KBGRIZZLY64

Just finished my e-tune with Cryo (for new turbo/UP/DP on 06 LGT). Dave is great to work with and was very patient as I worked through a couple of issues, one of which was a boost leak he identified from the trims and told me where to look to find the problem. I highly recommend Cryotune.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty close to finished with my E-Tune with Dave. I can confidently say that my car is like a whole new machine with the same parts from start to where we are now. It safely performs beyond what I had expected when I first started. Dave answered all of my questions and worked through the time frame with all of my things going on in my life. I would recommend Dave to anyone looking to get the most out of their Legacy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just about finished (if it's not already) with dave's e-tune. i've been to two of the most prominent tuners in new england and i prefer dave's tune best. the power and responsiveness is right where i want it in the power band, it's pulling just as strong if not stronger than my other tunes on less boost, my trims are tits and i'm just generally loving the way the car runs and feels.

dave has been incredibly sharp at identifying issues, quickly sending back revisions and always addresses any questions, concerns or requests. would absolutely recommend to anyone.

i can put anything i want down here?!

I also am almost done (at least I think almost) with a tune from Dave. I so far have gotten 2 other e tunes, one from PDX tuning, and one from Infamous tuning, who I would not recommend at all by the way(not Infamous performance!). Dave's tune is by far the most smooth, powerful and clean one out of all 3, and not by just a little, its black and white difference. My other ones were getting high knock, knock learning, fuel corrections, and other things I did not like in my logs. Under WOT they were ok, but still not great, and that's all they cared about. Daves tune is awesome, from driving around the city, cruising down the highway, and having fun under WOT. He has not even given me the final word yet saying its complete and my logs look clean (at least to me they do) Dave has great communication, and gets back to you quickly, usually within 1 day if not faster. I have gotten my base map, and 3 revisions in 1 week. The other tunes took weeks, one even took over a month and a half and that was only for base and 2 revisions.

To sum it up, a tune from Cryo is well worth it, specially with the special for $135 he is running right now. Stock or modified, you will notice the difference.

Edited by Brian3676

Glad you all are very happy with the outcome. I try and spend as much time with each customer to make sure everything is strong and safe.

Thank you all and have a safe and happy Halloween.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I've been having fun with my Cryo e-tuning process so far.

Data logging with ATR on the laptop is awesome.

I got the green light to do the first power pulls, and I'm beyond excited.

Thanks Dave!!! :-)

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Dave is beyond knowledgeable and very easy to work with. I am in the beginning of getting my car e-tuned and he helped me find a bad upstream O2 sensor. All in all I'm having a lot of fun learning about the way the cars brain works.

I've been having fun with my Cryo e-tuning process so far.

Data logging with ATR on the laptop is awesome.

I got the green light to do the first power pulls, and I'm beyond excited.

Thanks Dave!!! :-)

I'm basically at the same step as you! Just got my green light last night and sent a log immediately after. My previous 18g tune, I just felt something was entirely off.. Too rich, too weird of boost, I don't know.. hard to describe. So far, car feels pretty smooth even though my boost is not touched yet. I hit only ~16psi max at WOT with my 18g and it felt like "stage 2" power. That's gotta be a good thing. :D

Glad you can enjoy the cars and learn something in the meantime as well. Some people say they are sad to end the E-Tuning/Road tuning process because of the ability to ask questions during the changes.

Just noticed this thread is now more than a year old, crazy to think of all the customers I have worked with in the last year locally and National/Worldwide.

Blasted out a ton of emails/revisions/Base maps and pms,

If anyone has any questions please let me know or pm me, always happy to help.

Have a great evening.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Hi Dave I will be installing a 16g w/ gutted up and down and ebcs. Would this setup be considered stg 3 according to your pricing? Would driving for a week before starting the tune process (waiting for payday) staying out of boost, 20miles a day round trip be severly detrimental to my motor? Thanks for your time.

Hi Dave I will be installing a 16g w/ gutted up and down and ebcs. Would this setup be considered stg 3 according to your pricing? Would driving for a week before starting the tune process (waiting for payday) staying out of boost, 20miles a day round trip be severly detrimental to my motor? Thanks for your time.

You are correct that your tune would be considered a stage 3 stock fueling tune since the turbo is non stock.

If you have to start driving before starting the e-tune process I would recommend staying out of boost manually or if you don't trust yourself you can run a small line from the turbo nipple to the wg. This will limit boost to wastegate pressure but should still be driven normal and with caution*ie no heavy throttle etc*

Keep in mind with the ebcs hooked up even mid throttle can induce overboosts on the stock map.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I got my AP back from Cobb yesterday, it was just the screen afterall.

I'll get some logging done today/tomorrow so we can progress :)

Thanks again for your patience Dave, I really appreciate it!

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

• Moderators
Still on my second cryotuned subaru, still loving it. No issues, drivability is great, and support is top notch. About to have a bit of a check-up tune done following a transmission swap, and looking forward to it.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks guys..

Hope everyone has a safe and happy turkey day. This is a great time to slow down and appreciate what we have and spend time with the ones we love.

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just got done blasting out a ton of revisions, Base maps, emails and responses. I can tell its the holidays because I already sold a couple *early Christmas present* tunes. :)

Give your car a present for Christmas and get it tuned :)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I have had my folks completely stock 5EAT MY06 Liberty/Legacy 3.0R e-tuned by Dave from cryotune recently.

This car is an Australian version and the stock tune is actually unsafe for our hot conditions. The car was experiencing knock on the stock tune and IAM was under 1.00.

Dave was very patient and even sent out multiple beta revisions to get rid of the factory knock and make a safe base to tune from before he asked for any money.

This is easily the best bang for buck mod for a stock 3.0R. After tuning the car has really come alive after 4000rpm. It just wants to rev out to redline and the engine note is sweet and addictive. You feel like kicking down a gear to hear the engine sing now :). The tune has also made the car safer by getting rid of knock. My folks report the fuel economy has gotten a bit better from 13.xL/100km to around 12.xL/100km.

Very happy with the tune and only wish it had been done sooner. The tune is how Subaru should have sold the car in Australia.

Cheers.