LegacyGT.com

why do people hate the hogzaust "mod"?

Brett

oh! it backfires like a champ. making a vid within the hour or two

i never backfired with a stock dp

ps: i'm trying to set up this video. looking for a spot to film this

Damn...I'm backfiring with hogzaust and I was under the impression that my dp was untouched when I bought it....guess its time to check. Any easy way to check that short of dropping the dp?

I did 3-4 washers on my hogzaust, would backfire like a champ, but I loved it lol it tided me over til I bought a catback.

And why that many washers? B'c racecar.

Good god, it's called "after-fire" :rolleyes:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol it's not illegal... and nobody can spot those washers.

Stock exhaust that sounds like a fart can will get you stopped. Because if it looks stock, but sounds loud, then it must have a large leak somewhere. In PA and "properly functioning exhaust is one that is free from leaks, and expells exhaust gasses away from the passenger cabin."

You can't see the washers, but any rookie cop can tell that something isn't quite right.

yyyeah... no. it sounds nothing like your typical exhaust leak and most of the aftermarket exhausts look just like the stock one. besides, unless your driving by a cop at wot, then he has no reason to pull you over.

yyyeah... no. it sounds nothing like your typical exhaust leak and most of the aftermarket exhausts look just like the stock one. besides, unless your driving by a cop at wot, then he has no reason to pull you over.

The sound doesn't jive with what I am seeing. I see stock, I don't hear a complely stock sound. You won't always know when a cop is around. You are correct in that most of the aftermarket exhausts for the LGT look close to stock. Unlike say, a Honda Civic.

not convinced you're a fag? (not that there's anything wrong with that) or not convinced you validated his statement?

i'm not convinced about the statement. i never expected my thread to have such feedback, so bhinak, i couldn't care less about your terrible posts.

Heat wont really build up unless the car is parked and ur revving like crazy. I think..

liked the sound at first (like 3 mins of having it)

Then I hated it. It's too shallow, It doesn't give the deep rumble known in Subaru WRX's.

THe video was recorded with a Galaxy S3 - known to rob videos of bass. It sounded deeper in person but not deep enough.

I did this mod simply because I wanted to hear/feel my engine a bit more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ydHDjMkHY0

Archived