LegacyGT.com

why do people hate the hogzaust "mod"?

Brett

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
do you have any heat issues in the trunk area with no mufflers?

I have not noticed any heat build up in the Spec B even after a 2hour drive in the summer time. Why would you think it would be hotter without mufflers ?

I'm close to having an exhaust made for the wagon, Y pipe back. At 21psi the sound is annoying at WOT with two washers on each bolt and being catless.

The place that made the muffler deletes I have on the Spec will do a Y pipe back with Magna flow knock off's for $300. 5 year warranty.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You know Brett, I think you should post an HD video of your hogzaust set up :hide:. All jokes aside, there's really hardly any HD youtube video (with HD sound quality) of that set up.

i uploaded it in hd, but an iphone isn't the best recording device ever. one of my friends is getting a gopro, though. then i can get a good video. hopefully while rolling. after reviewing my video, the camera man was in awful spots. he was never behind the car during my accelerations. and no, my trunk is fine. theres just a little carbon build-up around the muffler that can be wiped off

do you have any heat issues in the trunk area with no mufflers?

oh, i only had one muffler off for about 2 days. both would probably be really loud, but no heat issues. the only reason i didn't do it was because it might look ghetto. i don't care, the sound is just too good to pass up

• I Donated Too
oh, i only had one muffler off for about 2 days. both would probably be really loud, but no heat issues. the only reason i didn't do it was because it might look ghetto. i don't care, the sound is just too good to pass up

You probably hang out in Oxford, Pa and Rising Sun/North East. Am I right?

i uploaded it in hd, but an iphone isn't the best recording device ever. one of my friends is getting a gopro, though. then i can get a good video. hopefully while rolling. after reviewing my video, the camera man was in awful spots. he was never behind the car during my accelerations. and no, my trunk is fine. theres just a little carbon build-up around the muffler that can be wiped off

You've uploaded your latest video over on Youtube? Is it under 'WheelChairBndit' account? Cause if it is, I can't see your latest video. Btw, IMHO Gopro recording devices have awesome video quality but audio wise it is pretty poor. I'd say iphone audio recording vs. gopro is better. Though the iphone mic does not pick up the lows that well I think.

next time i record a video, the camera guy will be BEHIND the car. but when its that loud in front of it, then yea, it's loud. it keeps going whereas the hogzaust stops getting louder. i call it the "orgasm" lol

I'm gonna have to check out how a Hogzaust mod works then. Gonna look up some vids hahahaha. Any Cons to the mod itself?

insert about two-three washers between the muffler and y-pipe flange (on the bolts of course) and i have no problems from it. just a bit of carbon on the muffler

How does it work? It creates an exhaust leak.

I got that, I worded it wrong though.

Because it doesn't fully enter the muffler, is it not losing back pressure? Or....am I not getting this?

Sorry grammar isn't my strong point.

A note on back pressure, less is better. Especially on a turbo'd car. N/A vehicles exhaust velocity is what's important. Unless your running a 2stroke motor you want as little back pressure as possible.

Archived