LegacyGT.com

why do people hate the hogzaust "mod"?

Brett

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i never backfired with a stock dp

ps: i'm trying to set up this video. looking for a spot to film this

Nice man. Please don't do stuff like having the video camera way close to the exhaust. More like 30-50 ft away. That'd be nice and some driving around too it it's not too much asking :spin:.

Nice man. Please don't do stuff like having the video camera way close to the exhaust. More like 30-50 ft away. That'd be nice and some driving around too it it's not too much asking :spin:.

don't worry homie, i know how to make a good video. that's why i'm postponing production until tonight. it will be iphone quality, but i've done this before. and i hate vids that are too close. i will be driving since it creates a tone that sitting still will never have.

don't worry homie, i know how to make a good video. that's why i'm postponing production until tonight. it will be iphone quality, but i've done this before. and i hate vids that are too close. i will be driving since it creates a tone that sitting still will never have.

noice!

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/pop%20corn/grand/Popcorn-14-Jimmy-Fallon.gif

LOL

no backfiring issues?

I think I have heard it backfire once since I did it in mid-August (of course it was after letting off the gas on full boost)... so I would say no afterfire issues.

For me it was all wrong. Really loud at idle and low RPM's, then quieter higher in the RPM range (when you're on it). What I would prefer would be the other way around.

I agree with you. Though mine isn't loud at idle, it is much more noticeable at low-speed/low-revs. Much harder to tell a difference vs stock at WOT. But for $0.50 or whatever it cost me I am happy with it until I pay off the car!

here's take 1. uploading no.2 now. uploaded in hd ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTk9xmjQa3s&feature=youtube_gdata_player]legacy gt no muffler - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkfEP9I0Olk&feature=youtube_gdata_player]legacy gt no muffler 2 - YouTube[/ame]

...and

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjeLBwUcwj8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]legacy gt no muffler rev - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Brett for posting those videos. I have mixed feelings about it..Kinna want to do it, but it does sound a bit like a mix between the Subaru rumble and an exhaust leak to me.

the good thing about this is that it was free, and when you want it quiet again, just put the muffler back on. usually exhaust leaks sound horrible, but this is basically what srt-4's do. no muffler

the good thing about this is that it was free, and when you want it quiet again, just put the muffler back on. usually exhaust leaks sound horrible, but this is basically what srt-4's do. no muffler

Not for me though; there's no turning back as my muffler flanges are rotten :lol:. So once I do the hogzaust, it'll be for life unless I get a Magnaflow CBE.

so i just did the ACTUAL hogzaust and went for a test drive. my thoughts: even though it is an "exhaust leak" it sounds fantastic and like a legit exhaust. it's no where near as loud as my muffler delete, but there is more tone at lower rpms. i think the ultimate exhaust would have to be a 3" straight pipe if you want teh loudness. this is most definitely a head turner since nobody expects such a note to come from a camry look alike. and besides, exhaust normally does leak out at the end of your exhaust :p you just bypass the muffler

so i just did the ACTUAL hogzaust and went for a test drive. my thoughts: even though it is an "exhaust leak" it sounds fantastic and like a legit exhaust. it's no where near as loud as my muffler delete, but there is more tone at lower rpms. i think the ultimate exhaust would have to be a 3" straight pipe if you want teh loudness. this is most definitely a head turner since nobody expects such a note to come from a camry look alike. and besides, exhaust normally does leak out at the end of your exhaust :p you just bypass the muffler

video? :hide:

Archived