LegacyGT.com

VF52 Turbo, any experience?

travisbc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's not fair to say that just because a car is modded that it's been beat on by some kid, that's just crazy. But...no you can't expect to get all your invested $$ in mods back on top of the book value of the car. Just aint gonna happen.

If you know what the hell you're doing and have the car really looked over for quality installations and quality parts, it's pretty easy to tell if a car was taken care of or not. That Spec B with the gross, nasty drivers seat...was not taken care of in my mind. I wouldn't even pop the hood...pass entirely. If you can't keep from making the seat look like someone shit themselves on it, it's also very likely that you're the type to beat on it, skip oil changes etc. etc. imo.

Speed costs money. There are a million examples I can give you, and maybe you have tried to sell a vehicle before that people talked you down on price due to modifications. It all depends on the buyer, to someone who wants a bone stock Legacy anything but will make them feel its worth less money. But in all my experience its simple. I can sell you this car for $x or you can buy a different one. You Think there age of the vehicle matters ? A 1980's camaro with a ZZ4 or ram jet engine can pull in double blue book price. Every one knows you won't get the total cost of modifications back.

• 2 weeks later...

I like mine and think it was a great decision. Has low - 5700rpm range for power. Pretty much the whole range

I need to drive a stock lgt because its starting to feel slow again, was fast when I swapped but now I must of gotten used to the power.

Still a quick car though and more than enough on the street. The track...Needs more power

Archived