LegacyGT.com

VF52 Turbo, any experience?

travisbc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
But for example let me show you what I would ask for my car.

2005 Legacy GT 71,000 miles, VF 52 turbo, DW265lph fuel pump, Perrin top mount intercooler, Perrin BOV, Perrin dual cat back, Perrin uppipe, Perrin catch can, Perrin inlet pipe, Perrin ram air, act clutch, act flywheel, lightweight Rims, 225 45 17 tire upgrade and ion lowering springs. Car on mustang dyno pulled 320 HP and 308 lbft at 5200 rpm. 4000 miles on newly rebuilt engine and heads (all from a 2011 wrx).

I paid $11,000 For the car, as it sits now I would ask $20,000.

Now before every one freaks out, know that blue book is about $15k. Add in the cost of parts, figure the demand of the end result. Are there a lot of people looking for fast, reliable subaru's ? Is the car at 100 % visually? What other makes,

models would it compare to? And the buyer of a legacy GT limited looking to do this swap what would the total investment for them to have if they paid full blue book value and then modified from there?

All of that taken into consideration the potential buyer can get in and drive my car and see the results 1st hand, as well as test the motor and check out the quality ahead of time. So is a bolt on car worth $15k if blue book says $9k? Well if the soon to be owner would have spent time with out the car, install, tuning, repair and he/she believes it is, then yes. The only way it would not be is if you were marketing the car to dealers or people in search of well maintained, stock legacy GT's. So is $15k worth it? Check it out, drive it and then add up what others on the market would cost you to buy then modify. Good luck

:lol: @ this guy. All those Perrin parts should decrease the value, not increase it. :eek:

Oh, and also, there is no way you're getting anywhere near $20k for an 8-year-old car that was only worth $25-28k new.

The other thing to remember is that even though who like to drive fast cars are often the same people who want to make their fast car faster.

They like to be the ones taking the car from stock to fastarrr.

Of course there are some exceptions to this.

If Perrin themselves built up a car, then yes they're a well known group and their car could fetch a premium.

Unknown entities tend to lower the price as the quality and abuse to the car isn't always known.

That said, I've only heard good things about the VF52, but then it makes me wonder, why did he swap out the turbo so early? Did it go bad earlier? Why did it go bad?

The for sale listing on this says it is from a private seller. Blue book on that is just about $15,900.00. If this car was at a dealer they could ask almost $18,000. As it sits a for sale at $15000.00 you could probably talk the guy down to $14000.00. That would be a good price, I love my VF52 setup, huge improvement over the VF40. The car you are looking at is a GT limited,

What is the big deal about spec B's? They are 305 crank horsepower and in 2006 still had the 5 speed manual. Basically a GT limited with a VF46, better suspension and a tune. Aside from only a certain number being made. The one time I sat in one the brick orange seats were neat but what makes a spec B in a class with Supra's when I am faster ?

The for sale listing on this says it is from a private seller. Blue book on that is just about $15,900.00. If this car was at a dealer they could ask almost $18,000.

Seriously dude. you need to stop smoking crack.

First off, KBB is dependent on location. In my zip code, a mint condition 07spec.b with that mileage has a KBB of $14,800.

That car is nowhere near mint.

That car is a $13k car at most based on condition alone.

But if you like that car, I will gladly sell you mine - which makes more power, has more mods (which according to you should be worth more) for $15,900.

Send me a message bro.

lol

What is the big deal about spec B's? They are 305 crank horsepower and in 2006 still had the 5 speed manual.

Once again crack has affect your comprehension.

They are 243/250 crank hp just like any other LGT.

Send me a message bro, I'll sell my modded car to you for an "amazing price"

lol

What is the big deal about spec B's? They are 305 crank horsepower and in 2006 still had the 5 speed manual. Basically a GT limited with a VF46, better suspension and a tune. Aside from only a certain number being made. The one time I sat in one the brick orange seats were neat but what makes a spec B in a class with Supra's when I am faster ?

Dude where the eff are you getting your facts?!

Learn young grasshopper :p

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Legacys/legacy.htm

So when you put 2005 legacy GT limited with 63,000 miles on it into blue book. What is that worth in got zip code ? Mine is 14530. It says $15,900.

As far as the 300hp (previous conversation with subaru dealer when I was in for a service on my old car. Said it was essentially an STI, inside of a legacy.). My bad. So what's the difference?

I already have one. But by all means list it in Buffalo or Rochester ny craigslist. Subarus hold their value really well up here. I know in Jersey they are dirt cheap once 3 or 4 years old.

But, offer it to they guy looking at this car. He's in the market.

So when you put 2005 legacy GT limited with 63,000 miles on it into blue book. What is that worth in got zip code ? Mine is 14530. It says $15,900.

As far as the 300hp (previous conversation with subaru dealer when I was in for a service on my old car. Said it was essentially an STI, inside of a legacy.). My bad. So what's the difference?

So I paid $6500 for my bone stock Legacy GT. If I add $8,000 worth off mods, your tell me I could sell it for $15000? Assuming mods were done by a reputable shop. I would have a $2500 profit

• I Donated
I don't really need to know the answer. A previous comment said that a spec B was in a class with "supra's". It must be a crazy difference if my legacy GT limited isn't on par, but the spec B is.

The joke was lost on you, apparently.

Quick answer '06 Spec B had a custom red leather interior, navigation, and a better suspension.

'07 had a custom blue/black interior and the STI 6 speed (along with nav/suspension)

Awesome car, but same power levels as a LGT.

Oddly enough about a month after owning my LGT a guy drove up to me saying he liked my car asking if it was a "Spec B." I told him no, it was just a standard Legacy GT and he didn't seem to know what that was :lol:

What if you have a one of a kind mod that's not available for purchase? Can I ask for a Hundred Grand?

I wonder if I could sell my old modded ej255. the main mod was a rod bearing that was double thick on 1 side of the crank. It had custom 'crosshatching' on the crankshaft too.

lol

Archived