LegacyGT.com

Pics of my new custom exhaust

4mcrue

haha

Yeah, they are kind of gay, but I wanted that size of muffler and longer tips. I know, they are the blue flame tips, but they actually grew on me.

thanks for the comments guys

I personally love the blue tips... reminds me of the ones attached. My dual tips don't have that but hopefully they will one day. I think they might not because they are rolled tips.

neo-w-0502-01.jpg.fcc9936fb20178d2c433df1b2376239d.jpg

neo002.jpg.75eca163b4225671955499df5e1746a6.jpg

So, you can slide the tips in and out to your desired length and then just clamp them there with the visible bolts? Huh, that's kinda new!

Maybe I should catch up on my bolt-on accessories...

I do wish that those manufacturers using TI canisters and tips would "Striderize" the flame treatments.

A typical Strider knife, with their trademark "flame ano" on the frame:

http://www.tadgear.com/edged%20tools/images%20for%20pages/smf-gen2.jpg

:D Image courtesy of my good brothers at TAD Gear

For those who are not familiar with folding knives, the part I'm speaking of is best seen in the lower-right hand insert picture - the entire area that appears "tigerstriped" is made of titanium on these knives, and are heat-treated to create the "anodized" pattern seen.

Off-topic -

Strider folders, along with the Hinderer lock, is reputed to be among the most sturdy folding knives ever made, and is favored by both real-world operators and sought-after by collectors/enthusiasts.

On-topic -

I'd love to get a TI-tipped canister, and have just the very lip of the tip "striped" in-line to the body of the car.

Heck, maybe I should just enlist my knife-maker friends' help when I finally do get around to the exhaust. :lol:

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clawdnb
you should pull the extension parts on the tips off....let the mufflers end under the bumper a little and spray the exhaust piping that hangs down matte black....that would look alot more sleek...looks good though

Yeah, there's a thread with a very nice exhaust set-up just like that, 4 tips, do a search.

Let's see if I can answer the questions about my set up:

I did gain a little throttle response, maybe some top end, no dyno #'s, but you know, maybe 3-5 hp.

I know the pipe is low, bugged me too, but I think it will be fine.

I like the longer tips, even the blue, so the gases go away from the bumper, car.

thanks for the comments.

BigT - search for "custom Borla" and also "Stromung."

Two muffler cans that, at least off the top of my brain, that are quad-tipped. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived