LegacyGT.com

BIG WHEELS!!! (56k = Uggh)

PGT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

are you selling your old wheels? or keeping them for winter use?

They are already sold....shipping them out soon. I do need a set for winter, but looking for a beater set of 17's.

PGT

OK... back to a thread we had a while back... we DO have TOO much in common.

This is the exact setup I was thinking for my ride... exactly!!! You just beat me to it:mad: . I just hate telling you how much I am going to be paying for 'em ;) - PM me if ya want and I will give you the skinny.

At any rate, I opted for my iON springs this time around - they should be here and on by the first part of Sept (per GB going on). Next on the list are these wheels.... ok.. different tires... but almost the EXACT same setup :D

Sorry (not to hi-jack) - does anyone have pics to show the differece between the Rota Mesh: Plain Silver, Steel Grey, and Charcoal Grey?

Here is silver, gold, and steel gray. Charcoal actually looks to be a similar tone, but with a matte finish. But I admit I haven't had them in the same room with each other.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/fastwrx_1851_5112709

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Patagonian GT,

What size did you have the S-03s in? Were they the same size as the F1s? (sorry, I don't recall what you had - you change so often :D )

Cheers:)

They were 225/40/18, so they even had more sidewall to deal with impact harshness than the 245/35/18 F1's.

Have you had any rubbing issues with the 18x8 +48mm offset? Subydude.com does not recommend them for the Legacy. I haven't looked at TireRack yet for those specs fitting the Legacy. I was just curious what your personal experience has shown on that setup. Thanks for the help.

No issues so far, despite a wide tire. I do need to pull the weatherstripping off the rear wheel wells, as I am putting new sprinngs on.

This weekend I had five people in the car. I was getting a knocking noise in the rear (the Perrin sway bars?), but it wasn't due to the wheel or tire selection. The back end was compressed to the point that I could only get one finger in between the tire and body....still no rubbing at all.

Have you had any rubbing issues with the 18x8 +48mm offset? Subydude.com does not recommend them for the Legacy. I haven't looked at TireRack yet for those specs fitting the Legacy. I was just curious what your personal experience has shown on that setup. Thanks for the help.

:confused:

Where did you see on their site that wheel is not recommended for the Legacy? Did you call and talk to someone? As far as I can tell, per the fitment guide, this wheel should not be an issue at all. All 18x7.5 listed on the guide have an et of 48. The only difference being the Formula Mesh has a width of 8.

I just installed 18X8 this weekend with 245/35. I also had 5 guys in the car this weekend. I could have sworn it was going to rub but to my surprise it didn't. And I was definitely hitting bumps and dips at about 60mph. No sound/signs indicating there was rubbing

But yesterday I did hear something when I was by myself in the car when I was just rolling and turning the wheel to my left and right back and forth. Sounded as if the fronts were rubbing. I have to to look further into this. I am running stock suspension. I am little concerned when I change my springs that the car will be sitting too low. I hope not...not sure what to expect.

Have you had any rubbing issues with the 18x8 +48mm offset? Subydude.com does not recommend them for the Legacy.

Despite conventional wisdom to the contrary, that site is not the be-all and end-all of Subaru knowledge, nor is it the only place you can get Rota wheels.

My Legacy GT wagon, same wheels, no rubbing:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/danhurwitz/CIT%20Legacy/Front-windshield-small.jpg

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

I just installed 18X8 this weekend with 245/35. I also had 5 guys in the car this weekend. I could have sworn it was going to rub but to my surprise it didn't. And I was definitely hitting bumps and dips at about 60mph. No sound/signs indicating there was rubbing

But yesterday I did hear something when I was by myself in the car when I was just rolling and turning the wheel to my left and right back and forth. Sounded as if the fronts were rubbing. I have to to look further into this. I am running stock suspension. I am little concerned when I change my springs that the car will be sitting too low. I hope not...not sure what to expect.

What's the offset on yours? Pics?? You know we love pics!! ;)

Archived