LegacyGT.com

BIG WHEELS!!! (56k = Uggh)

PGT

Despite conventional wisdom to the contrary, that site is not the be-all and end-all of Subaru knowledge, nor is it the only place you can get Rota

I am still wondering where he found out that information.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are Prodrive PFF-7 18 x 8" Wheelhttp://us.st1.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/Img/trans_1x1.gif51mm offset. I will be taking some pics within the next few days.

I love the size of the tire and dramatic difference in handeling!

Solid choice. No reason they should rub on the outside. Maybe tight to the inside? You have the same tire size as me and 3mm less wheel to the outside, to the fenders shouldn't be the issue. What model tire??

When I had my Volk's (18x7.5 ET48 with 225/40/18 S0-3's) I had some rubbing in the front, but only pulling out of my driveway. Full compression and turning caused the tires to up on the liner. No such issues with the current wheels whichh are the subject of this thread.

I am still wondering where he found out that information.

I was corresponding with Zoeb at SubyDude about these wheels before buying from Mach V Dan, and it was never brought up that these wheels weren't recommended for the LGT (they did balk at the tire size though, but only because they hadn't tried it). Sounds like he got bad info from whomever he spoke with.

I was corresponding with Zoeb at SubyDude about these wheels before buying from Mach V Dan, and it was never brought up that these wheels weren't recommended for the LGT (they did balk at the tire size though, but only because they hadn't tried it). Sounds like he got bad info from whomever he spoke with.

+1

... and I still owe you a pic :)

Thanks for the help guys. Here is the fitment guide that I was referring to: http://www.subydude.com/parts/wheelfitmentguide1.php

Subydude did get a bad rap when he first started out. But it is a good site to look at Rota wheels.

However, Dan, I would much rather purchase my wheels from you. And I plan to in the future. How does the coating hold up on the Black forged aluminum lug nuts? Also weren't you selling black aluminum valve stems a couple of weeks back? I really liked the looks of those. One more thing, does your Rota wheels come with center-caps? Can they be ordered seperately? Thanks for the help.

Not to knit pick.. cause I just don't do that..;)

but I do not interpret the guide you listed above as not recommending that tire size for the leg... I just don't see it listed - possibly not up to date.

Unfortunately, I wasn't talking 'tire' size. I was referring to 'wheel' size which the chart shows the largest width of 7.5" for the Legacy. Likely his chart is wrong, but I would rather not rub, if I can keep from it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't talking 'tire' size. I was referring to 'wheel' size which the chart shows the largest width of 7.5" for the Legacy. Likely his chart is wrong, but I would rather not rub, if I can keep from it.

His chart is probably not wrong, but not updated to reflect the '05+ Legacy. 18x8.5 will fit without rubbing.

I inexplicably used 'tires' where I should have used 'wheels'....

oooooohhhhh my.:p

How does the coating hold up on the Black forged aluminum lug nuts?

Not great, which may explain why we haven't gotten any of those from the manufacturer in a couple months. Hopefully they're rejiggering the recipe.

For a more readily available black wheel fastener, try the excellent McGard SplineDrive kit in black.

Also weren't you selling black aluminum valve stems a couple of weeks back? I really liked the looks of those.

No, but those forged aluminum fastener kits you mentioned do come with color-matched valve stems. But again, they're not currently in stock.

One more thing, does your Rota wheels come with center-caps? Can they be ordered seperately? Thanks for the help.

Yes, they come with center caps.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Here are the wheels...yep I sure know that the car needs to be lowered. The tires handle great but for some reason the wheels don't grab my attention. They look ok...but not that impressed.

Hey Blue...The rims look Awesome! i love (first picture, looking at the driver front rim/tire) how th spokes come out then Dissapear into the center of the rim! Trust me, lower your car and you'll have a new appreciation on how the rims compliment your car!...

What up Dan!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived