LegacyGT.com

2012/2013 NFL thread

BDII

^

My picks for this week for those game were:

Cincinnati -- really... what can brown do for you? With injuries in the Browns secondary and the Bengals playing pretty well early in week one's loss to the Ravens - I think Cincinnati bounces back this week.

KC -- tough call but Fitzi was throwing "to" the defense last week, and even at home I gave edge to KC who has plenty of offensive weapons, and is hungry for a win after last week as well.

Pittsburgh -- no way Jets put up the same score against the Steelers that they did against Buffalo. Sanchez won't look nearly as effective against the Steeler's secondary.

Atlanta -- Tough matchup to call - favored Falcons at home (Matty Ice rarely loses at home). Shootout for sure.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea that's a tough one for sure. I also had issues picking the Saints @ Panthers and the Broncos @ Falcons. I picked home teams in both cases with neither feeling like a "lock".

If Buffalo can get some scoring early - Spiller can help hold the lead and manage the clock. If KC gets the early lead and Fitz resorts to throwing heavily - perhaps right into KC's corner's hands. For me it's a coin flip either way and after watching both respective week 1 game highlights I leaned towards KC.

Falcons. They are too good at home - even with Manning looking good I think the dirty birds will prevail at home. I can't recall the exact stat but Matt Ryan has lost like 3 or 4 total games in Atlanta over career. The 12th member of the team is stronger in some places than others. If it was in Denver I'd go the other direction.

I picked Miami and Pittsburgh - both worked out well. Didn't see a few of the results coming though...

NE failed.

Colts over Vikings.

and the Bills proved KC still has major issues.

I'm 10-5 going into tonight's game with my pick of the Falcons at home. Pretty happy with my Seattle pick over Dallas for a stretch pick. Also Carolina over the Saints.

Not bad!

I'm 9-6 going into tonight.

I second guessed myself on the Miami game :(

out of 18 in my league NO ONE picked the ARZ over NE :lol:

I did however bring myself out of last place. If ATL wins tonight I'll be middle of the pack.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

No one picked Arizona in my group either - who'd have thought they would be 2-0 while the Saint's are 0-2, got to love the NFL :lol: .

I had a rough week one, ended up 8 and 8, so this was a good week. I'm actually tied for lead if tonight goes to the Falcons, 2 back if Denver pulls a win on the road.

I took Baltimore too... rules on reviews of FGs are weird. No review if it's "over the posts". I get that the post goes upwards to infinity but the camera angles were weird and it was a close one to call.

Regardless - Belichick's grab of the ref was uncalled for. If anything I was surprised Harbaugh didn't run out and grab one after some of the calls against Baltimore. Hearing a stadium chant BullShit for 3 plays was priceless!

I took Baltimore too... rules on reviews of FGs are weird. No review if it's "over the posts". I get that the post goes upwards to infinity but the camera angles were weird and it was a close one to call.

Regardless - Belichick's grab of the ref was uncalled for. If anything I was surprised Harbaugh didn't run out and grab one after some of the calls against Baltimore. Hearing a stadium chant BullShit for 3 plays was priceless!

Yes the posts go to infinity, you just have to be between the side posts and above the bottom post. The camera angles I saw were weird but it looked good to me from what I saw.

I wonder how many more weeks it will take before the players strike on behalf of the NFLRA. Unless hundreds of millions of people suddenly stop watching football (some will, but I doubt enough people would), that's probably the only this fluster cluck can get fixed.

That's right, even the chickens are agitated.

Archived