LegacyGT.com

Tapatalk not working

NWSPECB

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, we recently updated to 3.5.2 for Vbulletin 3.8 and a handful of iOS users get the 'can't connect, the forum is restricting access or the plugin is not working'.
hey guys

guys

seriously, guys listen

guys.. hey

hey

Tide forgot to update the forum's tapatalk profile with the updated VB software version.

Thank me when it starts working again.

guys.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• I Donated
Should we refer to you as Tide or touchywalnut now? :lol:

You're bustin his nuts man...I mean balls....I mean walnuts

I'm done here. Bye bye

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I don't follow what your saying specifically - can you explain this a bit more. i see nowhere in my account profile on Tapatalk where I would set which VB version I was running. Nor do I understand since Tapatalk is XML-RPC based, and provides it's own versioning, why something as such would be needed.

hey guys

guys

seriously, guys listen

guys.. hey

hey

Tide forgot to update the forum's tapatalk profile with the updated VB software version.

Thank me when it starts working again.

guys.

I don't follow what your saying specifically - can you explain this a bit more. i see nowhere in my account profile on Tapatalk where I would set which VB version I was running. Nor do I understand since Tapatalk is XML-RPC based, and provides it's own versioning, why something as such would be needed.

Are you using any third party tapatalk plugins? if so you need to update your file extension. You also should look into user level permissions to see if any of the sub-user groups are blocked from using the app within AdminCP.

try the following things:

1. update push notification key (I'm guessing you've already done this)

2. Make sure the URL that you use in your dashboard doesn't include index.php it should be http://legacygt.com with no trailing forward slash. Make sure you're not using the forum component URL. It could be the issue of the http://www., if it is, it's a nightmare to fix and requires server side PHP commands and down time to fix.

3. The forum has been buggy lately... have you checked for suspect file versions since the version upgrade? Make sure the tapatalk file extension is not in caps on the server side.

4. Have you tried to repair and optimize tables?

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

source the error in the template and fix it. My guess is that a partial code didn't update when you upgraded software or you have a template that is incompatible with the new software that is causing bugs.

one more thing to check... check your PHP for server level security. Their may be settings on the server side that are conflicting with the tapatalk plugin or software.

Some server companies add these whenever you upgrade services or renew a contract. Ask the server company to remove any securities (temporarily and tell no one so you don't get hacked).

You're looking specifically for Suhosin Extension, Hardened PHP project or SektionEins GmbH

AdminCP--> diagnostics---> View PHP info

Vbulletin hasn't been touched nor upgraded in probably 6 months.

could be from a recently uploaded plugin, recently upgraded tapatalk version or an attempted hack by a malicious plugin.

Did you get hit by the swedish hackers about 1.5 years ago? I know NASIOC and bunch of others did. Though I doubt you had the plugin that caused it: Advanced usergroups plugin.

A lot of times these issues are plugin or template related

Archived