LegacyGT.com

Show off your 5th Gen's aftermarket wheels!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't gotten tires yet, I am in the process of selling my home right now and finding another one. As soon as I get all that done I will post pics and let you know how it went. I will try to throw them on a scale too before I get the tires mounted.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Thanks Fredrik! Too heavy for me....but they certainly are pretty!!!

Good luck with the house hunting Brent!! My wife and I just bought 2 years ago and it was a 14 month process waiting to hear on our offers from the sellers banks for short sales to be approved. We waited for the total of 10 months on 2 homes that we lost out on, and finally on the 3rd the seller of the home finally got approval from their bank and we closed. It was arduous to say the least. I am picky and we essentially looked at about 100 homes and my agent and I did the paperwork for about 8 or 10 offers altogether. :spin: The market here was crazy but it payed off getting into it at the bottom. We are sitting pretty on $150k or more equity right now. Woot!!

Thanks man! My ex wife and I bought our home brand new back in 05. I kept the house but I would like to find something a little smaller to free up some funds. I am very picky also so it has been quite the hunt for me as well. I listed my house high and if it sells it sells, not gonna budge on price so I might be stayin! Who knows....lol.

When a set of Konig Torches in 19x8.5 weigh 24 pounds and they are $800 for a set, and TSW Interlagos in 19x8 weigh 21 for about $1200, those do seem heavy. A set of ForgeStar 19x9 CF5V's are about 21 pounds for about $1600. I think OEM 18" GT wheels are about 26 and 17" 2.5i/3.6R wheels are about 24.

If I am going to spend money on wheels, I certainly want to gain performance and lose weight, not add weight, decrease acceleration and slow down suspension response. How much I want to improve things depends on how much $ I want to spend.

When a set of Konig Torches in 19x8.5 weigh 24 pounds and they are $800 for a set, and TSW Interlagos in 19x8 weigh 21 for about $1200, those do seem heavy. A set of ForgeStar 19x9 CF5V's are about 21 pounds for about $1600. I think OEM 18" GT wheels are about 26 and 17" 2.5i/3.6R wheels are about 24.

If I am going to spend money on wheels, I certainly want to gain performance and lose weight, not add weight, decrease acceleration and slow down suspension response. How much I want to improve things depends on how much $ I want to spend.

2013 leagacy 3.6R wheel weight is around 21.5 to 22 pounds. We figured that by weighing my mounted wheel/tire combo and weighing the same tire and subtracting a few ounces for weights and TPMS.

It would have been easier to weigh my wheel by itself when unmounted, but this was an afterthought.

(I worderd my response to make it easy for google search)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I can finally play too (even though I have an Outback - I had to mainly use Legacy parts to lower her :lol:) Took some photos this morning.

Newly lowered with new wheels & tires.

19x9" +35 Work VSXX's with a gun metal grey powdercoated face.

_DSC6336.jpg

_DSC6346.jpg

_DSC6356-Edit-2.jpg

Edited by Manik1770

^^^ looks pretty good. The first pic looks a bit like an Infiniti EX35

I can finally play too (even though I have an Outback - I had to mainly use Legacy parts to lower her :lol:) Took some photos this morning.

Looks great!! Any fender rolling involved? And what size tires?

Looks great!! Any fender rolling involved? And what size tires?

Thanks.

Tire - 245/45/19

No fender rolling yet. Will be rolling the rear, but at a comfortable 2 finger gap all the way around, I think I've found a great height for my DD.

I was about 1.5" lower for the last few weeks and was rubbing in the middle of the plastic liner and outside lip on the front, anytime I went up a driveway or hit any sort of pothole on the road :lol:.

holy shit i want an outback now :wub: