LegacyGT.com

iON Performance Springs - The 'Goldilocks' street setup

Triple Digits

I had emailed ION and they suggested another group buy was possible (or I could just buy them direct at the usual forum price). I'll contact them again, get the specifics, pricing and timeframes and if it makes sense, I'll start a new group buy thread. Sounds like there are 3 of us now who are interested.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone on this thread do me a favor and measure from the bottom of the front bumper bar to the ground. In NH it has to be 16 inches or you fail inspection. i would greatly appreciate it if someone could do this...

I've lived in NH for 8 yrs now and I have never seen anybody measure my car height. There are alot of small cars on the market that I'm sure are lower than 16". Anyway, I just ordered the last set Jack had for the 5MT wagon :p . You can see them on my car in a couple weeks if you'd like :D .

I got pricing and info back from ION. I am waiting until I get my car back from the body shop (I fell backwards against the rear driver's side door and caved it in). They have had the car for 2 1/2 weeks and they are still working on it. If it looks perfect, I'll start the group buy. If there are "issues", I may be looking to trade the vehicle. I should know this Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I was supposed to have had the car back by now but they keep running into problems (damaged new replacement doors from Subaru, clear coating issues, etc..)

The group buy info is on my work computer (at work) and I won't be able to get to it until Monday anyway. I'll post by Tuesday what I'm going to do.

If I decide to trade, I'll forward the GB info to whomever wants to take over.

Mr. T

You'll like the AP. I've been at Stage 1 for a couple of months and it is a significant improvement. I have the same parts (Crucial UP, Cobb DP AND a pair of Lachute mufflers) sitting in my garage. After they go on (hopefully sometime in the not too distant future), you're right, I need something to help with the turning stuff. The ION's seem to be an excellent choice, they give the car a slightly lower stance without making the ride too stiff.

You'll like the AP. I've been at Stage 1 for a couple of months and it is a significant improvement. I have the same parts (Crucial UP, Cobb DP AND a pair of Lachute mufflers) sitting in my garage. After they go on (hopefully sometime in the not too distant future), you're right, I need something to help with the turning stuff. The ION's seem to be an excellent choice, they give the car a slightly lower stance without making the ride too stiff.

Did you just get the mufflers or did you get their entire CBE system? I'm trying to find a nice CBE to finish off my TBE, but they are pretty damn expensive. I think I'm going to get the Greddy SP2 because its so much cheaper than the others.

Sorry for somewhat thread jacking :redface:

Did you just get the mufflers or did you get their entire CBE system? I'm trying to find a nice CBE to finish off my TBE, but they are pretty damn expensive. I think I'm going to get the Greddy SP2 because its so much cheaper than the others.

Sorry for somewhat thread jacking :redface:

I just have the mufflers at this point. I've read that the factory midpipe and resonator is not very restrictive unless you are going to a larger turbo. I figured I'd do the mufflers and the DP now and then down the road change out the midpipe if it makes sense. You are right, the TBE's are expensive. I figured that this way, I could get the better sound (and possibly some performance improvement) from the mufflers and then I can always buy the Lachute midpipe (or Cobb midpipe if it ever comes out) and add it in later to complete the system.

Any word on your cars condition Mr. T?

Thanks for asking.

Well as a matter of fact, I just got in from the garage after cleaning the windows on my LGT. Body work and paint look excellent. You literally could not tell anything has been done. They even detailed it and had it parked inside when I showed up. :)

Just 1 small detail, a minor noise like chalk scratching on a blackboard above 75 mph. It might be a wind leak with the new windshield (I also had to have the windshield replaced as I got a rock in it on my way to the body shop to drop it off 3 weeks ago). I did just find that the rubber underhood seal strip at the base of the windshield was not fastened in correctly so that may be the cause of the problem . I'm headed back to the body shop in the AM to get them to address the noise but, other than that, life has returned to good and I'm thinking I'll keep it (unless of course the noise turns out to be permanent...)

Which would also mean that it looks like I'll be starting a Group Buy thread in the next day or so. :D

Thanks for asking.

Well as a matter of fact, I just got in from the garage after cleaning the windows on my LGT. Body work and paint look excellent. You literally could not tell anything has been done. They even detailed it and had it parked inside when I showed up. :)

Just 1 small detail, a minor noise like chalk scratching on a blackboard above 75 mph. It might be a wind leak with the new windshield (I also had to have the windshield replaced as I got a rock in it on my way to the body shop to drop it off 3 weeks ago). I did just find that the rubber underhood seal strip at the base of the windshield was not fastened in correctly so that may be the cause of the problem . I'm headed back to the body shop in the AM to get them to address the noise but, other than that, life has returned to good and I'm thinking I'll keep it (unless of course the noise turns out to be permanent...)

Which would also mean that it looks like I'll be starting a Group Buy thread in the next day or so. :D

Well thats good to know, hopefully its not permanent. I can't wait till the group buy starts up again. :dm:

Car going back to body shop Wednesday AM to diagnose strange high-pitched whistling noise coming from front driver's side area. I hate being on the fence like this. It's like you can't just relax and enjoy the vehicle because there is something not right about it. If the noise issue doesn't get solved, I'm selling it. In the meantime, I'll start the group buy but just won't put my own name on the list until I get the car issue resolved.

So, see new thread labled, "ION Performance Springs Group Buy #3"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to these forums and have spent all of my time reading the reviews on these ION springs. Is it too late to get in on the GB?

If it's not too late sign me up for a Manual tran sedan.

Ugh wrong thread, figures my first post here and I look like a newb. :(

I'm new to these forums and have spent all of my time reading the reviews on these ION springs. Is it too late to get in on the GB?

If it's not too late sign me up for a Manual tran sedan.

Ugh wrong thread, figures my first post here and I look like a newb. :(

Here's your thread: (Group buy #3)

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18781

I helped put together Group buy #2. This time contact Mr. T for info or PM Jack at iON perfomance directly. To find him go to the members area and look up iON performance. Not 100% sure but I think this GB ends 9/30.

Han'sGT,

Thanks for the info and for not flaming me. So far this seems like a very well structured forum with alot of relavent info. Can't wait to dig in a little deeper and see what else I can find.

I actually had the correct thread open, just replied to the wrong one as I was reading this review.

Hey Steve,

I signed up for that forum and have been reading up on it. Sounds like a great bunch of guys. I actually know alot people on that forum already too since this is the 4rth suby I have owned since 99.

A couple of years back I owned a small tuner shop (Quick 60 Tuning) that sponsored and ran an off road events for SCCA KC chapter. It was in a town south of KC called Fort Scott. I met alot of local guys and gals running these events and really lost touch with them after I shut down the business. Can't wait to get involved with Suby's locally and abroad again!

Walker

• 3 years later...

I know this is a strange question, but what COLOR and how many COILS do these springs have . . .??

I only ask because I found a set of springs on Craigslist that a guy said were on his wifes LEGACY GT when he bought it - he claimed they were ION springs.

here's a picture of them - I can't say i'll be disappointed if these are garbage, but they were still in an ION box, problem is I can't find a part # ANYWHERE on them.

http://www.donwrightdesigns.com/storage/springs.JPG

any thoughts guys?

• 1 year later...

Archived