LegacyGT.com

iON Performance Springs - The 'Goldilocks' street setup

Triple Digits

I will say this about the current setup of the car (springs / sway / AP )

the limiting factor is definitely the driver, and not the car. (not even the tires ;) )

In the stock form, There were times when i knew i was getting all i could out of the car... Currently, I'm really hitting a wall at my own skill level. But hey - thats what this is all about, learning, practicing, and becoming a better driver. :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed the RSB at the same time as the IONs, so I can't give you a before and after review, all I know is it's great. It's almost funny to hear everyone going GA GA over the springs. Jack you really hit this one out of the park! Nice!

C

• 4 weeks later...
What input do owners of these springs have as to strut/shock combination?

Which sway bars would work best, front and rear, or just rear?

out of all the sway bars i've seen. Cusco seems to get the best reviews...with no negatives. get both.

Can anyone on this thread do me a favor and measure from the bottom of the front bumper bar to the ground. In NH it has to be 16 inches or you fail inspection. i would greatly appreciate it if someone could do this...
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Whomever is interested in another GB, please designate one member to start a thread and then contact us. The USD has dropped a little more since the 2nd GB; so prices will be adjusted accordingly.

measurements please.............. i cant buy if i cant inspect my car..

Can anyone on this thread do me a favor and measure from the bottom of the front bumper bar to the ground. In NH it has to be 16 inches or you fail inspection. i would greatly appreciate it if someone could do this...

from the bottom of the bumper, it has to be 16 inches?! so you need a foot and half of ground clearance? that can't be right.:confused:

oh wait, you mean the front of the bumper bar?! so we have to take off the bumper to actually measure this

i'll have my bumper off this weekend and can get you a measurement then if you still need it.... Or i can just go outside and rough estimate where the bumper beam is in relation to the bumper exterior.

Bu11dogg2 - You'll more then likely pass NH inspection. Do they actually remove your bumper cover to measure the height from the bottom of the rebar to the ground?

depends on the shop, I get free inspections for life with my car, so im sure the suby dealer would be happy to fail me

oh wait, you mean the front of the bumper bar?! so we have to take off the bumper to actually measure this

i'll have my bumper off this weekend and can get you a measurement then if you still need it.... Or i can just go outside and rough estimate where the bumper beam is in relation to the bumper exterior.

rough estimate is fine, i would never ask anyone to pull there bumper off

So how difficult an install is this? Can it be done with jack stands in the driveway? Time frame? Special tools? I like the look but don't want to spend BIG MONEY on install!

I did email ION for pricing and they suggested the group buy approach if I was interested in saving some $'s.

Let me know about the install and if it is doable, I guess the next step would be to start ION GROUP BUY THREAD, THE SEQUEL

So how difficult an install is this? [/i][/b]

about 2-4 hours, depending on how much the car fights you. A floorjack is all that's needed, in addition to hand tools, spring compressors and a torque wrench.

So how difficult an install is this? Can it be done with jack stands in the driveway? Time frame? Special tools? I like the look but don't want to spend BIG MONEY on install!

I did email ION for pricing and they suggested the group buy approach if I was interested in saving some $'s.

Let me know about the install and if it is doable, I guess the next step would be to start ION GROUP BUY THREAD, THE SEQUEL

you mean sequel to the sequel....there have been two this year.

ION GROUP BUY 3, THE RETURN OF THE MOD BUG :D

Well, I know there is at least 1 other person interested. Anyone else?

Mr. T

I've already joined in on the last GB...I help set it up. Before setting one up you should check with Jack at iON Performance to make sure the vendor is willing to do another GB. Then set up a new thread to get people on board. :)

Archived