LegacyGT.com

Doing my Duty..

Okay guys..to avoid haveing the reputation of the forum complainer..I just want you to know..I am doing this so people know what to keep and eye out for on the new GT. Build quality has become an issue. First, I found a paint defect on the front bumber. There is less paint there then the rest of the vehical. Second, on the driver side A-pillar, on the interior I noticed that the covering is coming a loose. There is a wideing gap between the pillar and the headliner. Third on the moonroof..look at the trim on the interirior outlineing the moonroof. The trim has very noticeble gaps between the headliner and the trim. And fourth, this a little less quanitfiable but there is a weird sprining noise coming from the front passeger door when you close it. I can't seem to find out where it is coming from. But, it all just reminds me that I am in a first year vehical and that there will be issues. B4

[quote name='racerdave']Yeah, the first-year quirks are not something I'm looking forward too, but I like the GT so much and it fits my needs/desires so well that I can't pass it up. :)[/quote] By no means should this derter anyone from the purchase of a GT. I just want these issues aired so people will have their eyes opean when they get over the inital giddyness of getting their GT's.. There will be issues, we just all need to point them out.

Geez ... and someone said I complaint about the black sticky stuff under the car :p As for the A pillar, my A pillar trim was not assembled correctly on the passenger side, they put the trim over the black rubber liner next to the window, whereas I notice the black liner goes over the trim on the driver side.

[quote name='bemani']Geez ... and someone said I complaint about the black sticky stuff under the car :p As for the A pillar, my A pillar trim was not assembled correctly on the passenger side, they put the trim over the black rubber liner next to the window, whereas I notice the black liner goes over the trim on the driver side.[/quote] Ahh..so I am not the only one... Okay, every one go check your A Piller assembly!

[quote name='Legacy_Fan']You should report these assembly problems at the subaru website. I have heard they appreciate and sometimes even pay you a reward for reporting a multi-car problem.[/quote] Email sent!

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Second, on the driver side A-pillar, on the interior I noticed that the covering is coming a loose. There is a wideing gap between the pillar and the headliner.[/quote] Take this to the dealer, more than likely when they performed the early car airbag recall (at the dealer or at the plant) the clips for the trim were damaged. My trim on the c-pillars is the same way, new parts should be here next Wed. for me :) Other than that, I have no other issues, paint is great and the rest of the trim is A+

[quote name='Opie'][quote name='B4_Maniac']Second, on the driver side A-pillar, on the interior I noticed that the covering is coming a loose. There is a wideing gap between the pillar and the headliner.[/quote] Take this to the dealer, more than likely when they performed the early car airbag recall (at the dealer or at the plant) the clips for the trim were damaged. My trim on the c-pillars is the same way, new parts should be here next Wed. for me :) Other than that, I have no other issues, paint is great and the rest of the trim is A+[/quote] Opie, WOW..I didn't think of that! I will do that! Awsome post! WILL DO!

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Gas milage?? People are haveing gas guzzling issues?? I get respectable miles for my type of driving and the engine type..what milage are people seeing?[/quote] No, most people are getting decent mileage, but I saw one guy who said he was only getting in the teens. Whereas I have been consistently averaging in the mid 25's, and have gone over 26, and I do [i]some[/i] spirited driving pretty much every time out. (why else have this type of car :twisted: ) I drive it pretty much the same as I did my wrx.

[quote name='scubie02'][quote name='B4_Maniac']Gas milage?? People are haveing gas guzzling issues?? I get respectable miles for my type of driving and the engine type..what milage are people seeing?[/quote] No, most people are getting decent mileage, but I saw one guy who said he was only getting in the teens. Whereas I have been consistently averaging in the mid 25's, and have gone over 26, and I do [i]some[/i] spirited driving pretty much every time out. (why else have this type of car :twisted: ) I drive it pretty much the same as I did my wrx.[/quote] Pheeeew..okay, cool. I get good milage also.

Okay, this is something extremely stupid and annoying, and I don't even know if it is a design flaw or an assembly flaw: The interior moonroof flap slides open by itself due to the sheer acceleration ... Its stupid, isn't it.

Wow, that almost sounds like it was designed in intentionally to emphasize the impression of acceleration! Must be an assembly flaw since none of the Ltds I test drove had that problem. Ken

Archived