LegacyGT.com

Doing my Duty..

The only problem I have is a slight, rpm-specific (3000-3200) buzz that is something behind the driver's side vent being set off by that particular resonant frequency. Other than that, all trim is fine, my wagon liftgate lines up perfectly, and my gas mileage depends upon my right foot. :lol: I still want to get that shifter boot trimmed, though. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']The only problem I have is a slight, rpm-specific (3000-3200) buzz that is something behind the driver's side vent being set off by that particular resonant frequency. Other than that, all trim is fine, my wagon liftgate lines up perfectly, and my gas mileage depends upon my right foot. :lol: I still want to get that shifter boot trimmed, though. Kevin[/quote] Well, I have to say I am floord by the attention that Subaru is giving me in regards to my car. The regional managers assured me that all of my issues would be taken care off and they even offerd to extend my warrenty for free. Kudos to Subaru of Richmond, they know how to treat a customer.

The driver's side headrest developed and inch and a half split along the lower outer horizontal seam. I showed it to the local Subi Dealer and he ordered another and will call when it comes in. Anyway, just thought I'd share....

B4, you and others that post these early, real owner observations are why I continue to spend time at this site. I am not going to wait for the super GT or some other car about to be introduced, I am going to buy a Leg GT this year. I will know what to look for and I will deal with my dealer/Subaru more effectively because fo this site and its posters. Thank you. I wish I wasn't going to buy a first year car, but I really need to leave my Lexus w/116K miles and total numbness. Many of the problems being pointed out are not critical to the reasons I want this car. Experienced Suby customers, on this site have said Suby will take care of problems. Once you get to a certain level of comfort and style, minor flaws are just that, minor, if the big deal points are exciting. For a guy that wants a sport wagon and no longer needs the BMW badge to feel cool, (only good feelings about past BMWs) Subaru is the only game in town today. Yes I am aware of Euro cars that may be comming to NoAm next year, but I am not waiting. If I am not having fun with my Suby or if some super hot item appears next year, I will wait for its second year and trade in my Suby, no worries. No reason to wait. Anyone have insight on whether a Leg GT ordered in late Sept-Oct will be any less prone to early build problems?

i have a first year car, 02 sentra se-r specV, and im one of the lucky ones to NOT have burning oil or particles in my cats, or a lemon for that matter like 75% of owners. if ya wanna make sure, buy one with a build date on a TUESDAY or WEDNESDAY...maybe thursday. but not all first year legacy GT's will have problems

[quote name='MtnSub']B4, you and others that post these early, real owner observations are why I continue to spend time at this site. I am not going to wait for the super GT or some other car about to be introduced, I am going to buy a Leg GT this year. I will know what to look for and I will deal with my dealer/Subaru more effectively because fo this site and its posters. Thank you. I wish I wasn't going to buy a first year car, but I really need to leave my Lexus w/116K miles and total numbness. Many of the problems being pointed out are not critical to the reasons I want this car. Experienced Suby customers, on this site have said Suby will take care of problems. Once you get to a certain level of comfort and style, minor flaws are just that, minor, if the big deal points are exciting. For a guy that wants a sport wagon and no longer needs the BMW badge to feel cool, (only good feelings about past BMWs) Subaru is the only game in town today. Yes I am aware of Euro cars that may be comming to NoAm next year, but I am not waiting. If I am not having fun with my Suby or if some super hot item appears next year, I will wait for its second year and trade in my Suby, no worries. No reason to wait. Anyone have insight on whether a Leg GT ordered in late Sept-Oct will be any less prone to early build problems?[/quote] No problem. I will never deter anyone from not getting a GT. Because there is no reason not too. All my issues have been minor. And as long as this car doesn't have to go under tranny surgery like me RX8 did...I will be happy. I am just hard on my GT becuase I love it, and every thing it stands for. No matter what Kev may say :D . Just first model glitches are to be had with ANY car.

Archived