LegacyGT.com

Wrx gt

InnocentGuns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason that makes more sense than a 4EAT WRX. Why it didn't get the 5EAT is beyond me.. why this model was made is also beyond my understanding..

It's not a WRX though. Just an ordinary Impreza with a turbo. I agree, it is a strange car.

Forester also had a 2.5l with a TD04. It ran the 4EAT. So, this "creation" is a Forester in WRX clothing, Lol.

4EAT has "proven" stronger than the 5EAT (generalization). Subaru seems to have more trust in the 4EAT than the 5EAT. Note that they did not try to mate the 5EAT to any car running the VF-52. They felt that the turbo was too much for the tranny.

Also true but it was still a "WRX". I guess Subaru just threw a curve ball by calling this a 2.5gt.

A mutant.

and decided to take off the wide body and put the regular impreza body with a hood scoop, which is a horrible mistake, impreza with out the wide body is horrifying to look at

Oh yeah my mistake lol. When I think of the 2.5gt Impreza I see the giant WRX hood scoop in my head and automatically (not pun intended) think WRX..

Either way... mutant car.

I believe in some markets it was badged as a WRX, and in others as Impreza S-GT.

Note that all classic (GC/GM/GF body) turbo Imprezas were marketed in the UK and Switzerland (and maybe other european countries) as Impreza GTs. The same car was sold with WRX badges in Japan, NZ and Aus...

AFAIK only the WRX went wide in '11. The n/a models went on as before.

Oh, there are many markets which got a 5th gen LGT with 5EAT. Same VF-54, dual-AVCS, high-compression 265hp motor as the 5MT models.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The 2.5GT uses a turbocharger with a 6-speed manual transmission used exclusively in Japan and North America with Australia being able to choose between the 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission.

Only Australia was offered a AT and a turbo. I am not sure if it is the same 5EAT we have state side. I am not sure how many were made or sold and if they experienced any issues.

The 2.5GT uses a turbocharger with a 6-speed manual transmission used exclusively in Japan and North America with Australia being able to choose between the 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmission.

Only Australia was offered a AT and a turbo. I am not sure if it is the same 5EAT we have state side. I am not sure how many were made or sold and if they experienced any issues.

The 5EAT Turbo was offered in other countries besides Australia. I believe Japan, Hong Kong, the Philiphines and parts of the Middle East had it as an option or as the only transmission choice. Isn't it strange how Subaru decides who gets what?

There are 5th Gen LGT with automatic transmission (I assume 5EAT) in China.

2010 and above they started doing wide body wrx

2011 and up

The 5EAT Turbo was offered in other countries besides Australia. I believe Japan, Hong Kong, the Philiphines and parts of the Middle East...

... plus Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, China... and that's just what I personally know of. Many of these markets got no manuals.

To a large degree it's the importers that get to choose which trim packages and powertrain choices they'll take.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Sorry. All I have in front of me is the official press releases from Subaru. Which clearly state that Australia is the only country that received the AT. Not saying things did not change. They do not say specifically if it is the same USDM 5EAT. Just that it is a 5 AT.

Seeing how I live in America and can not purchase or import cars made for other countries I do not worry my little head with options offered elsewhere. I will never see them. Never drive them. Never work on them.

Why even bother? I can see day dreaming about an exotic that is not available in the US, but a family sedan???

Archived