LegacyGT.com

Wrx gt

InnocentGuns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do not worry my little head with options offered elsewhere. I will never see them. Never drive them. Never work on them.

Sorry, wasn't trying to prove you wrong or trip you up. It seemed like people were assuming the 5EAT couldn't hold that much torque, but it isn't so. It could be the '10~ 5EAT is beefed up from earlier versions. There are literally hundreds running around at 330wtq at very low revs, with no mods to the tranny.

It's interesting to know that, even if it isn't available in your market.

Back to the Impreza GT, I'm sure it has a 4EAT because Subaru cheaped out!

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Sorry. All I have in front of me is the official press releases from Subaru. Which clearly state that Australia is the only country that received the AT. Not saying things did not change. They do not say specifically if it is the same USDM 5EAT. Just that it is a 5 AT.

Seeing how I live in America and can not purchase or import cars made for other countries I do not worry my little head with options offered elsewhere. I will never see them. Never drive them. Never work on them.

Why even bother? I can see day dreaming about an exotic that is not available in the US, but a family sedan???

Oh I think we have a simple misunderstanding here. Could the official press release be referring to the Impreza STI A-Line and not the Legacy/Liberty?

I believe the 5EAT used in this STI is same as the one on the Legacy 2.5GT/3.6rs. It is also found in a special edition Subaru Forrester no sold here in the US.

Speaking of exotics, I would classified a Legacy 2.0 DIT wagon as an exotic in the US!

Archived