LegacyGT.com

Shortest Shift Knob?

bman

I've already got the Cobb STS. I've set the top and bottom of the unit so that it's got the shortest throw. I currently have the OEM "Flight Sitck" (side hold) shift knob. Is there a knob that is shorter so I can get a shorter throw?

I read the Cobb one is shorter than the Momo. Anything else?

Many are shorter. Most of the 'ball' shaped knobs are a lot shorter.

I too hated the OEM momo leather knob and took it off within a month of owning the car.

I've had the Casapolis delrin ball knob, the Agency Power anodized red ball knob (although the logo didn't line up right when screwed all the way down) and the Forsberg silver ball from MachV Parts.

All are much more nice to use than the OEM leather thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Many are shorter. Most of the 'ball' shaped knobs are a lot shorter.

I too hated the OEM momo leather knob and took it off within a month of owning the car.

I've had the Casapolis delrin ball knob, the Agency Power anodized red ball knob (although the logo didn't line up right when screwed all the way down) and the Forsberg silver ball from MachV Parts.

All are much more nice to use than the OEM leather thing.

Stuff a small wad of paper into the red knob. Add paper until the logo lines up.

My shift knob is, by far, the heaviest I've ever seen at just about 800gr.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Did you trim the upper left steel plate around the shifter, below the rubber & foam? That's recommended with the Cobb STS in the instructions, to give you the lowest possible adjustment point. I didn't. Mine is low enough for me. I have the Cobb knob as well.

How easy is it to remove the stock shift knob?

Easy. Unscrew, lefty loosey. It's easiest if you first pull up the shifter trim piece. Pull up with both hands gripping the left & right from the inside of the trim.

Tits mcgee

Delta,

Yes. I clamped the bracket to my porch rail and took a sawzall to it. Neighbors thought I lost my mind. :lol:

I also adjusted both the bottom and top of the Cobb STS so the throw was the shortest possible.

It's a shame the OEM knob is so tall, it almost made all of that work useless.

That's why I'm looking for the shortest knob.

Stuff a small wad of paper into the red knob. Add paper until the logo lines up.

My shift knob is, by far, the heaviest I've ever seen at just about 800gr.

I tried all that.:lol: I even went as far as cutting up strips of chewing gum cardboard packaging... and rolling them in to tight little bundles to shove up there.

Didn't work out.:redface:

I tried all that.:lol: I even went as far as cutting up strips of chewing gum cardboard packaging... and rolling them in to tight little bundles to shove up there.

Didn't work out.:redface:

Need more paper then. It'll eventually stop compressing. Trust me.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That's because you're using a cannonball instead of a shift knob. :lol:

Damn skippy. Best shift knob ever.

I have one left for sale, too!

Shit dude. I had so much paper wadded up there it took me half an hour to clean it all out with an uncurled paper clip. I hoped to meet up with a WRX douche and sell it off.

Video to follow!!! Of the cleaning out of paper that is.....

Damn skippy. Best shift knob ever.

I have one left for sale, too!

Too late I already got the Lathe Werks SS knob. Only a measly 450g though. :lol: Definitely an excellent shift feel.

I talked to Chris at WCLW and the SS sphere, reverse ring, and boot collar for the 6MT would add up to right around 800g, so there!

Archived