LegacyGT.com

s2baru's "InFrontAutomotive" built, stage3+ 335hp/412tq

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setup potential is rated ~650 for the actual block according to OutfrontMotorsports website. With being a semiclosed deck it I'm expecting near 25lbs of boost or more when I pick a turbo. Headwork was somewhat limited but the cams and oversized valves should open things up for the top end.

Main thing im shooting for is the low end grunt/torque with our lowmount turbo location for quicker spool but then a turbo with a high enough flow rate to carrying power over 5.5k. Of course that's in a perfext world. For now 400+hp/450+tq is the main focus.

• 4 weeks later...
Setup potential is rated ~650 for the actual block according to OutfrontMotorsports website. With being a semiclosed deck it I'm expecting near 25lbs of boost or more when I pick a turbo. Headwork was somewhat limited but the cams and oversized valves should open things up for the top end.

Main thing im shooting for is the low end grunt/torque with our lowmount turbo location for quicker spool but then a turbo with a high enough flow rate to carrying power over 5.5k. Of course that's in a perfext world. For now 400+hp/450+tq is the main focus.

I have that block. It started on the dyno at 23 lbs with the HTA68. I was always tempted to go back with a straight pipe (nameless) setup and try for max numbers. Thankfully, the radiator puked before I could schedule that stupidity. :eek:

• 2 months later...

I must inform everyone that the car is alive and running well. Over 1000miles on breakin and is still at InfrontAuto in the hands of JohnJohn. Just awaiting to make my next move.

$$$$ came to more than expected for the past year but the goal of a fully built block capable of ~650hp was accomplished. Let that be known BIG things are infront of me to accomplish. A few minor cosmetic items will be added but the biggest goal still remains under the hood.

Onward and upward! As the slogan goes Confidence in Motion!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That lovely short header...
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.